Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bottom drops out of prices on Respironics Series 60 machines
RE: Bottom drops out of prices on Respironics Series 60 machines
Same thing with 50 series machines when 60 series machines came out, prices drop to almost half as everyone trying to flog the old stock and make room for the new stock

But you don't see the same price drop of the S9 Autoset when Airsense 10 came out
Something about Resmed machines, not discounted much

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2015, 12:43 AM)Dafod Wrote: The question I have, since I have never used a RP System One 60 is whether the LCD screen gives as much data in the morning as my Resmed Airsense 10.
I've not used one either and not going to start now either
When comes to data reporting on the LCD screen sleep report, none come close to Resmed machines. Resmed machines class on their own, the rest have a long way to go and haven't caught yet

I don't find the need to download the data from the SD card necessary (but download anyway), all the data displayed on the nightly sleep report including unintentional leak. I do like the smiley faces, not just smiley, they mean something too ...

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2015, 05:53 PM)zonk Wrote: When comes to data reporting on the LCD screen sleep report, none come close to Resmed machines. Resmed machines class on their own, the rest have a long way to go and haven't caught yet
Yes, understand Zonk, but a leak rate and AHI will suffice while travelling.

Also, my gripe with Resmed is they are manufacturing machines only 2-300kms from my location but instead of US$500 that Medicare pays (after being shipped 10,000 miles) I am up for $2700-$2900 because they know they can get away with it. Honestly, though, their business model in US is more the HP Printer model - its a push financially on the machine and the money is made in the consumables (pillows/masks = ink cartridges) given Medicare set the bar so low on replacement cycles (you got to wonder what friend they had setting that up?).

So when I can get a backup blower at a good price I have no sense of patriotism and no hesitation.Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2015, 09:51 PM)Dafod Wrote: So when I can get a backup blower at a good price I have no sense of patriotism and no hesitation.Big Grin
Sure, I do same all the times but prefer to stick with the devil I know Smile
Resmed headquarters in San Diego CA

Post Reply Post Reply
Let's see... it has been maybe 6 months since I even looked at ANY data. Have not even bothered to load Encore to the computer since I rebuilt it a month or two ago.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2015, 06:52 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: As expected with the new series of machines coming out, I saw today from one of the online suppliers that Respironics has cut prices across the board on the series 60 machines.

Just sayin'

OMMOHY

This is true and I called and asked when they were getting the new machines in and the supplier I called acted dumb about the new machines. I think they are trying to clear their inventory before they start offereing the new machines as so far the price of the new machines seem like they will be cheaper in price. That is great as I need to get a backup and travel machine, so I may get one of the new ones.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,032 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 826 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,052 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 672 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.