Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bought a BiPAP instead of APAP
RE: Bought a BiPAP instead of APAP
Below, are my screenshots. Last night was on the BiPAP. I've included the previous full night of Auto usage as well.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I feel good. First night of BiPAP I was on 9 EPAP and 11 IPAP. Last night, per Sleeprider advice, I went to 9 and 12. The 1cm was different for me, but I never make a decision on one night. I'm going to stick with 9 and 12, see how I feel over a week or two and make a decision if necessary. Most likely will stay there for a long time unless I develop some trending issue. The only real complaint isn't therapy related, it's the odor from the machine. I can tell it was stored in the open at whomever's house that I purchased it from. It's not smoke or any odor that's repulsive, it just doesn't smell like my house and is distinguishable. I'm going to change both filters and roll on. No big deal. Otherwise, I feel like a lucky guy and I'm glad my favorite girl is working out therapy well. Thanks for all feedback from everyone.

Jesse

Edit: I'll stay on 9 and 12 unless advised different
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I think you will do best to hold. Events are evenly distributed between OA, CA and H and completely acceptable. This compares favorable, or better than the CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Given no leaks and a comfortable mask, no really high pressure, I think any range of reasonble pressure is better than going untreated. I guess that would indicate that I respond favorably to treatment in general.
The wife didn't hate her mask. She's using an airfit F10 (ffm). It's a size m. Since I'm not an expert I speculate that her face is between a small and a medium. I've bounced the thought around of going to a DME that can fit her, but I'm hoping insurance gets her handled before we commit to my thoughts. I'll get a decision out of her mid week. 
Lastly, since we've rotated machines, my modem is still in the Auto. I figure I should just leave it in there because it's not going to matter who uses it or the variance in data, it's just important the machine is being used for the compliance cops. I do know that they still take a peak at it because my last sleep Dr visit twas revealed that they had all the ~400 days worth of information. Which is fine to me. However, I wonder if I decide to stick to the BiPAP, can I rack the modem in the BiPAP and "get away with it?" Curious.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Your wife might like a nasal pillows mask like the Airfit P10. The for her model if she has a small head. Not everyone needs a full face, and it would be nice to give her a try on the minimal mask. They are selling for $75 on Amazon, and I have seen them in the past for less.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,226 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 153 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 226 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 926 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 645 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 134 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.