Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bought a BiPAP instead of APAP
RE: Bought a BiPAP instead of APAP
I'm very partial to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset over the Dreamstation. The biggest reason for that preference is that the Resmed can act exactly like a bilevel, while the Flex pressure relief of the Dreamstation is much less useful in therapy. Both are good machine, but the Resmed is "gooder" Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
(03-03-2018, 09:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you will post some data rather than talking about it, we could also do more than talk about it.

Ouch, haven't had a lashing like that since I found out what procrastination meant. I'll post, I promise, just as soon as quit putting it off.   Smile Thanks
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2018, 10:07 AM)JesseLee Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 09:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you will post some data rather than talking about it, we could also do more than talk about it.

Ouch, haven't had a lashing like that since I found out what procrastination meant. I'll post, I promise, just as soon as quit putting it off.   Smile Thanks

JesseLee,

We're looking for new members at Procrastination Anonymous. Presiding president Even Tully has stated we will some day be open for business. It was slated for last week, but we postponed it till next week. Maybe that is.

Nice deal on your BiPAP. To a great weekend. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2018, 10:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm very partial to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset over the Dreamstation. The biggest reason for that preference is that the Resmed can act exactly like a bilevel, while the Flex pressure relief of the Dreamstation is much less useful in therapy.  Both are good machine, but the Resmed is "gooder" Smile

Ive not used a Resmed device. If I find a deal I'm going to buy one because I'm the curious type and I've read all the raves here. I've got a System One I travel with, it seems identical to the Dreamstation minus a heated hose. I'm picking up a Z1 today because I got a deal on it (that's why I requested the manual yesterday) and it's small enough for backpacking. I'm hooked I tell ya. Hooked! I'm going to convert a closet into an apnea show case eventually.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2018, 10:13 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 10:07 AM)JesseLee Wrote:

JesseLee,

We're looking for new members at Procrastination Anonymous. Presiding president Even Tully has stated we will some day be open for business. It was slated for last week, but we postponed it till next week. Maybe that is.

Nice deal on your BiPAP. To a great weekend.  Coffee

Thank you sir. I raise my thermos filled with Yuban nectar in your direction  Smile
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Might get my lady that curio she's always wanted and fill it with hoses and masks and filters. I think a humidifier tub will look nice in there propped up with a plate display rack.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The humor bug is out.  I actually compared the snore wave-form to Bart Simpson today.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4665]

Which reminds, me...we're waiting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my Wife's first night. She had some major leaks early that I know of because it was like letting the air out of a pinches balloon.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty good start, and you seem to have gotten the pressure range correct. We can mark up some of the RERA to getting adjusted to the therapy. I see some flow limits and hypopnea, but the event rates are very good. Hope she feels as good as this looks. If she was on BPAP, she could probably use EPAP 6, IPAP 10 and do extremely well. It would clear up the flow limits and hypopnea.

How did you do on BPAP?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,213 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 140 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 122 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 217 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 901 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 637 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 132 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.