Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bought a s8-autoset-spirit-II (ac/dc problem)
Bought a s8-autoset-spirit-II (ac/dc problem)

Dear Members,

I am using a DreamStation Auto CPAP v.1.1.5 and I am not confortable with it. I sleep maximum 4 hours then impossible to sleep again..

I had a DS v.1.1.1. and in average, I used to sleep 6 hours and I regret not having it anymore and that my v.1.1.5 is not downgradable to firmware v.1.1.1.

I do believe that the algorythm is somewhat different between the versions and sleep quality can be affected.

I decided to buy on internet a 2nd hand Resmed s8-autoset-spirit-II (w/o prescritpion) and as I wanted to check the DC current
for a vehicle use (I believe Resmed did invert the +/- so you buy their adapter), I burned probably the all AC/DC board.

I took it appart and couldn't find any conventional fuse (glas tube).Does someone know where to look or should I look for that
old/rare specific board?

Please see pictures for your info.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bought a s8-autoset-spirit-II (ac/dc problem)
Welcome to Apnea Board.

Wish I could help on the fuse, but I've not taken on the task of repairing an older device such as this. On the Respironics algorithms, I don't think they've evolved much over the years. That's part of the problem we see here on Apnea Board frequently is that ResMed products, especially the newer 10 series. As, are far better for most than Philips Respironics devices. They respond better and more naturally for most users. A lot of that credit goes to modern, up to date algorithms on ResMed devices.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,577 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,335 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 281 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,475 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.