Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Boy am I Dumb
Boy am I Dumb
ok in my defence I have not been on CPAP very long, having said that last night my mask came off for the 4th or 5th tims in last few weeks,it never seem to fit just right but was not to bad, leaks were 11 to 16 well under the 24,this morning I was just looking it over and the head piece that adjust up or down was all way down so i was thinking the bottom of the mask was just about on my upper lip never though about this before well I moved the adjustment all the way up and bingo i tried it out and it fit perfect well i sure no else has done this but just wanted to tell how dumb i was.Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Boy am I Dumb
I wouldn't be so sure that no one else has done it. :-)

We've all had our challenges in getting a mask to fit right, or finding a mask that works well for us. Seems that more and more DME's just don't bother to take the time to work with their clients.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the "OOPS Club" !
We all have to learn.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
That wasn't dumb- you figured out the solution. You're using your machine. Your leaks were not too bad anyway. I don't think we should ever put ourselves down, unless we put the machine in the closet when we still need the machine.
Not dumb- brilliant- you got the mask figured out- the hardest part of therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't sweat it lonnieb! Your DME should have shown you everything about the mask, gone over how to adjust it, how to fit it, etc. Sounds more like you got my DME who makes you wait for 45 minutes spends 5 minutes (only because I dared to ask for a replacement piece of equipment and he had to go find it) and shoves you out the door as fast as possible without ever explaining a thing to you! You dumb? No, you figure it out in spite of the DME!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again lonnieb, Hey no big deal, at least you figured it out, it's just too bad that your DME didn't show you more about the adjustments on your mask. Now that you've figured it out, you can move on to something else. Continued success.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks to all of you Thanksi fell better you made me smile
thanks so much you all are greatSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
That's not dumb.

This is dumb:

[Image: 517EOlJS6ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg]
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2012, 11:22 PM)archangle Wrote: That's not dumb.

This is dumb:

[Image: 517EOlJS6ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Isn't that how you're supposed to wear a nasal mask? I'm sure that's how my DME explained it to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2012, 11:44 PM)JJJ Wrote: Isn't that how you're supposed to wear a nasal mask? I'm sure that's how my DME explained it to me.

Ah, the joys of listening to your DME... what fun. Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb Question - Just nervous and want some clarification kc90 5 308 02-09-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Why are masks designed with holes? (probably a dumb question) fillmore50 12 2,796 10-28-2021, 09:21 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Dumb question #1 MARrshh 10 1,260 10-09-2021, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Probably a dumb question... CactusJack 3 711 02-27-2021, 05:00 PM
Last Post: CactusJack
  dumb question, why do people wear cpap to read? Kryogen 19 5,333 01-17-2019, 03:59 PM
Last Post: picante
  Really dumb question LabDog66 3 1,278 11-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  I Feel So Dumb - Climateline Hose Violetskyye 14 4,101 10-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.