Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Boy do I feel dumb ......
RE: Boy do I feel dumb ......
(04-12-2015, 12:30 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: I have not heard of a connection with thyroid problems. I would love for someone to school us on that one.

But your list may also not be exhaustive. I predict you will find relief to many of these issues with proper xPAP therapy.

Let us know how it goes.

I think that the connection with thyroid problems is the link between a variety of stressors (poor quality sleep, oxygen deprivation, partial rousing to breathe and cortisol release, adrenal fatigue) and *all* autoimmune conditions. People who are at risk for autoimmune by genetics are placed at further risk by sleep apnea.

Bottom line IMO is that sleep apnea amplifies whatever physical weaknesses you were born with.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 12:42 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Bottom line IMO is that sleep apnea amplifies whatever physical weaknesses you were born with.

IMO this is solid gold and should be duly noted by those in charge of the gold stars!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2015, 10:28 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote:
(04-12-2015, 12:42 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Bottom line IMO is that sleep apnea amplifies whatever physical weaknesses you were born with.

IMO this is solid gold and should be duly noted by those in charge of the gold stars!

Agree 100%. I had absolutely no idea that I was suffering from sleep apnea - until I went to my Endocrinologist to seek help for my "sluggish ways and falling asleep the minute I sat down." Thank goodness he actually listened to my comments and not only ordered a sleep study but called after the sleep study to see how things went for me.

I had hoped that getting the sleep apnea under control would also help my hypertension, but I guess that is not to be the case. I'm thankful for any improvement I get from my cpap.

Post Reply Post Reply

:blush:

Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2015, 01:11 PM)DariaVader Wrote:

:blush:

and I'm going to steal this for use at next Dr. appointment

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
I felt dumb myself when I finally started reading up on sleep apnea after years of my wife telling me I stop breathing, flail around and gasp for air every night; not to mention the extremely loud snoring.

I've been having problems with depression, energy, patience, concentration & memory for quite a while. Over the past year or two everything felt like it was snowballing out of control. My memory and concentration were so bad that I was becoming convinced that I had early-onset Alzheimer's (I'm 42). At the rate I was going with memory and depression I wasn't sure how I'd be able to work much longer. It was while researching Alzheimer's that by pure luck I stumbled on an article that explained how sleep apnea can exhibit Alzheimer's-like symptoms in some people because it can affect some of the same parts of the brain.

On the plus side, at least I no longer feel like I have Alzheimer's - for which there is no known cure. On the minus side, I fear that my failure to act on the apnea sooner may have caused some irreparable damage. From what I have read, much - but not all - of the damage can be reversed once the apnea is treated. I no longer feel like things are spiraling out of control but my memory and concentration are still pretty horrible. I do feel like I have noticed an improvement since beginning CPAP, and my wife says she has seen a positive change in my mood as well. At a minimum I am glad to be finally doing something about the apnea. I feel like I may have altered the course of my near future for the better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 4 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 82 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 820 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 322 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,003 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 886 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 806 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.