Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brain Fog Sufferer
RE: Brain Fog Sufferer
(03-20-2018, 09:44 PM)Kryogen Wrote: cpap has helped my brain fog alot
also taking vitd lately, unsure if I see a difference but still take it.

I still feel tired with cpap, but most of the brain fog is gone when I wear it most night. When I am unable to wear it alot (pain or kids), I sometimes wake up with terrible brain fog /headache that lasts most of the day until late PM.

Low Vit D3 is strongly linked to low Testosterone and subsequent brain fog with sufferers of Vit d3 having an increase of up to 30% in testosterone when D3 level is corrected.
Post Reply Post Reply
As relates to cognitive function

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5742573/
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2018, 09:47 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: There are so many reasons someone might have brain fog.  

The things I know that cause me brain fog (besides untreated sleep apnea) are:
- gluten
- wi-fi
- fluorescent lights
- bluetooth
- hotspots (like people using their cell phone to tether their laptop)
- alcohol consumption
- lack of sleep
- too much sugar, not enough protein
- not enough water

I drink only about one liter (4 cups) a day, no coffee or alcohol. I never seem very thirsty. Maybe that could be a factor in my brain fog, and try to force myself to drink about double that and see if there is improvement. And if that doesn't do it try to eliminate gluten, I haven't tried that yet. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='250625' dateline='1521646499']
I drink only about one liter (4 cups) a day, no coffee or alcohol. I never seem very thirsty. Maybe that could be a factor in my brain fog, and try to force myself to drink about double that and see if there is improvement. And if that doesn't do it try to eliminate gluten, I haven't tried that yet. Thanks.

[/quote]

Deyhdration will effect your entire body. I did some high desert training back in the younger days and with altitude and water conservation I was sick all over. Sick. 4 cups of water a day is not nearly enough fluid, especially if that's all the fluids you consume. Most recommendations are at least 6-8 glasses of water a day. Even if water doesn't fix the brain fog you experience, it will help elsewhere in your body
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I've heard a good target starting point for liquid intake per day is 64 oz. Some may need more or less than that starting point.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Terrible brain fog and tiredness despite low AHI - Can you see anything in OSCAR? youthfulapnea 7 552 04-11-2024, 02:59 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,299 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
Sad cause severe brain fog and unbearable headaches use cpap jiyun 1 139 04-09-2024, 08:26 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 3 285 03-29-2024, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 291 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 769 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,499 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.