Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy
RE: Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy
I have had the same problem lately. Night before last I woke up and after a while of not sleeping looked at the time, 02:47. I continued to look at the time at about one-hour intervals until about 06:40, and then got some hit or miss sleep.  Apple Watch said my sleep looked like this, but it was worse.  It's not anything to do with my therapy or settings, and neither is your problem.  I think for me, having alcohol in the evening is not a help, I'm spending a lot less time outdoors due to Winter, and have a lower activity level, and I'm at an age where awakening is pretty common. I tried taking some melatonin last night and did a lot better.  I think we go through some phases in our sleep quality and just need to work it out.  I am certain that as weather improves in the Spring, and my activity level rises, so will my sleep quality.  You probably have some ideas as well. Maybe a little higher minimum EPAP pressure to avoid some OA?

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your feedback, Sleeprider.  Your Apple Watch sleep report looks a mess and I hope you can find relief soon.  For me, I am in Arizona so am getting quite a bit of daily sunshine as well as exercise and time outdoors.  I've not taken melatonin but have to admit that I slip into a Benadryl cycle when times like this crop up.  I'm sure melatonin would be a much better solution so I should look into that.  

Ideally, I'd have a titration study done but I'm not in my home state and trying to schedule a sleep study away from my sleep doctor will not be an easy feat.  So, I will likely take your suggestion and raise my minimum EPAP level from 8.0 to 8.5 to try flush out some of these OA's.  They really seem to coincide with my waking moments.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just reporting back after changing my EPAP to 8.6 seven days ago.

I'm not seeing any improvement in my sleep quality.  I still wake several times in the morning and am desperate to get out of bed well ahead of my usual time to get things done.  I believe it has to do with a new medication I am on called Abilify.  I take this first thing in the morning so that has less of an effect on my sleep but I may not be able to avoid it if continuing on this med.  But I am now relying on another med, Benadryl, to counteract the effects, and I'm not okay with that.

I will also acknowledge the leaks as my significant other has indicated that I'm having a lot of leaks through my mouth so I've got some mouth tape on order.  I'll see how that goes.  

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 59 940 45 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,313 52 minutes ago
Last Post: Little Olive
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 81 1 hour ago
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 20 870 1 hour ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 0 26 3 hours ago
Last Post: joedes
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 587 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 487 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.