Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy
RE: Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy
I hope you can make a case to get the ResMed VAuto. If you're convinced to get the VAuto, do not allow the DME to downsell to Respironics. You may need your running shoes to run to another DME that will supply the ResMed. The ResMed and Respironics are not equal, unless you just want to say one BPAP or another. If you want a PAP machine to a car comparison, how about a BMW or a Yugo? These are just cars.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as I understand that my charts show the need for am EPAP greater the 3cm under my IPAP, I'll be convinced.  I just don't know how to interpret that yet.

Last night's charts were truncated for some reason. This is the second time I'm noticing this.  I loaded my Oximetry data which shows the entire sleep duration.  What could cause the Resmed to not record the session properly?

Post Reply Post Reply
I can't see the very bottom of the left column.  It shows the sleep times.  You may have turned on the machine earlier to test a mask or took a nap.  If there are more "sleep" periods listed, uncheck the ones you do not want to show.  Make sure the only one you want to see is checked and it will fill the graphs.  It is using more than one sleep period.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the correct time periods have been checked but the main sleep period is cut on both sides.
[attachment=25729]
Post Reply Post Reply
With an AHI of under 1, I call that success by the numbers, but how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Take off the 02 and see if it fills the graph.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2020, 03:20 PM)bonjour Wrote: With an AHI of under 1, I call that success by the numbers, but how do you feel?
Woke up feeling groggy. Had a cup of tea and then a balanced breakfast. Felt like I could easily fall asleep between 10-11am. It's 4:40pm and I could easily nap. Energy levels are very low.

Appointment with my sleep doctor is tomorrow. Do my charts definitely show the need for Bi-level? If my AHI is under 1 then is the therapy working?

(08-17-2020, 04:13 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Take off the 02 and see if it fills the graph.
Prior to importing the O2 I could see that the Resmed data was truncated. The O2 timeline is correct and the resmed is not. The graph fills up when removing the O2 but the timeline is the same and it's not correct. I have data from a few days ago where the data was truncated as well: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid362486
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a cms I have to have the oscar up befor importing the O2. When I have had a problem I went to data (in Oscar) and found one to delete the day. Then reloaded Oscar and the O2 and all was ok. Make sure the Oscar is ok before you import the 02.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-17-2020, 06:49 PM)deocder Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 03:20 PM)bonjour Wrote: With an AHI of under 1, I call that success by the numbers, but how do you feel?
Woke up feeling groggy.  Had a cup of tea and then a balanced breakfast.  Felt like I could easily fall asleep between 10-11am.  It's 4:40pm and I could easily nap.  Energy levels are very low.  

Appointment with my sleep doctor is tomorrow.  Do my charts definitely show the need for Bi-level?  If my AHI is under 1 then is the therapy working?

You need to tell your doctor that you know your numbers are good, but you are still feeling like crap, and be very specific.  Point out that you still have flow limits and ask if that means that you have UARS? and if so wouldn't a BiLevel better treat them.

It is important that you convince your doc that despite the good numbers you are not feeling it.

At the end if/when your doc is going to write a script tell him the ResMed has been good to you and you don't want a different brand,  and ask id a ResMed VAuto is OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have fought with my Medicare and assess insurance and got no where.

I was have a problem like what you seeing, good sleep numbers (under 5 AHIs) and still crashed every day:

I spent the next two/three years seeing every Doctor I could.

The findings were all the same. They could not find any cause of my crashes. I joking said the Dr.s all said, “ I will live to 125 IF I don’t mind doing it so very tired getting there.”

Two things turned up. The first was my wife received Fitbit HR. This device seems to be able to monitor sleep cycles. Not just how long one sleeps but the sleep cycles like Light, REM, and Deep.

REM and Deep are very important. With low of no REM and Deep sleep cycles you cannot function.

I got one and found my replacement simple CPAP Machine was badly reacting and stopping most of my REM and Deep sleep cycles.

I dug out my older ASV machine (a much better sleep machine, Adaptive Servo-Ventilation Machines) and did a complete set up. I soon found I have was having a major improvement in my days; my sleep cycles are much better giving me much better days.

Rich On CPAP Sense 2013
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 1 63 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 4 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.