Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy
RE: Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy
Thank you for the feedback.  I have a Fitbit Versa 2 and the estimates show relatively close alignment with the benchmark for sleep stages.  There are days where I don't get enough deep sleep though.  Just another piece of the puzzle.

So here is an update following my appointment yesterday with my sleep doctor.  They seem eager to determine what is going on but weren't quick to say that I need a new machine.  They want to dig into the data a little more.  They want me to do something called a Pap Nap which I guess is just an abbreviated in-lab sleep study.  They also wanted to use an O2 ring to monitor my SpO2 but I told them I started doing that with a CMS 50F Plus.  They only looked at the Resmed supplied data printouts which surprised me.  I had expected them to have an Oscar-like software to really dig into the data.  The doctor encouraged me to email them any interesting things that I find with Oscar.  

Meanwhile, it looks like my allergist was able to provide the data needed to make a successful insurance claim for a bi-level machine.  I have an appointment set to go into the DME next Tuesday where I will see what my machine options are.  

Since it's been 5 years since my home sleep study, I am still open to being tested in the lab, even if it's an abbreviated test. 

Last night's charts:

[attachment=25809]
Post Reply Post Reply
As you know, we strongly recommend the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto. Congrats and good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2020, 05:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: As you know, we strongly recommend the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto.  Congrats and good luck.

Yes, of course.  If it’s not an option I plan on fighting for one or leaving without a machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yesterday I picked up the VAuto machine and started using it last night.  Here are my charts.  I left all the settings as programmed by the DME.  Looks about the same as while on my previous machine so I'm sure there are some settings that need to be dialed in.  Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Your graph befor this one was at a low of 11 top of 16. That is Not what you have set now?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2020, 10:39 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Your graph befor this one was at a low of 11 top of 16. That is Not what you have set now?

This is a new machine and I left all the settings as programmed by the DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the OSCAR data, you're well treated. Tell us your answer to "how do you feel?". Because by the numbers, it looks quite good on this one night snapshot, and doesn't indicate areas of a adjustment that needs attention.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't feel any improvement but I will make that assessment again in several days.

Post Reply Post Reply
I still haven't noticed any improvements since changing from the Airsense machine to the Aircuve machine I started on 2 weeks ago.  If my apnea looks properly treated then my brain fog and fatigue are probably associated with something other than sleep.  Do my settings look optimal?  

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm doing my best to be patient and learning as much as I can from the wiki but I can barely follow the content long enough to gain much understanding. My struggles continue regarding brain fog and fatigue. I've got an appointment with a new sleep doctor soon but would really like some feedback on my charts and just a confirmation that it looks like I am being treated properly by this new machine. As mentioned before, I've not noticed any difference/improvement between the Airsense and the Aircurve. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 59 996 18 minutes ago
Last Post: stevew168
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 14 757 7 hours ago
Last Post: apneavolt
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 712 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 472 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 67 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 479 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 801 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.