Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brain fog, lack of energy -- why did dropping my EPR make such a difference?
RE: Brain fog, lack of energy -- why did dropping my EPR make such a difference?
OK copy, sure try the therapy a bit and look to see if therapy trends appear. If you run into a speed bump you can post at any time the concern.

There's options when we post that we can select to get messaged either via email or Apnea Board PM.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Brain fog, lack of energy -- why did dropping my EPR make such a difference?
There are lots of options to try and improve leaks and if it is mouth leaks those include

a) Finding more optimal settings. A common cause of mouth leaks is body mouth breathing because settings are not comfortable. I believe that usually this is because EPR or PS are not high enough so the body has trouble exhaling so instinctively opens mouth.
b) Methods of keeping mouth closed to make it harder to mouth leak. Taping, chin straps and cervical collars are all options.
c) Full face masks if you can find one that fits well and is comfortable.

We are already trying to determine best settings to deal with option a. Options b and c both have positives and negatives as they can minimize leaks but are more intrusive, all you can do is try out the different options and see if anything works good for you. Some people end up living with the leaks,

I ended up trying a full face mask and will never go back. I went from semi constant leaks to almost non existent leaks and didn't find comfort to be an issue for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want some mask homework, research the Fisher and Paykel Vitera full face mask. I've got it as my go-to whenever the QUACK doctors get me a correct machine.

You're going to find that mask selection and leak control will be the hardest aspect to conquer IMO. That doesn't mean it can't be done, because it can with patience, self advocacy, and diligence.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user with central apnea, screen shots included, what changes should I make? mrfast 7 171 10-21-2021, 06:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  AHI difference between DS1 and ResMed S9 jas32 2 130 10-15-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: jas32
Sad Oxygen dropping when falling asleep Stephenie.welch 3 215 09-22-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  [CPAP] My Supplier Says There's No Difference Between a "for Her" Airsense10 and others S. Manz 20 1,029 09-22-2021, 01:45 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  Can I Make My Resmed ASV act like a Bipap? FormerSnoreGremlin 1 165 08-28-2021, 03:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question ASV Mode vs ASVAuto Mode - What's the Difference? RayBee 26 3,014 08-21-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  Leak rate super low, Low AHI ..waking up with brain fog? tierdal 17 560 08-11-2021, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.