Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brand New Diagnosis--Sleep Dr & staff NOT helpful
RE: Brand New Diagnosis--Sleep Dr & staff NOT helpful
(04-24-2018, 09:45 AM)PerChancetoDream Wrote: Thank you! Start pressure  says 4.0, & I set Ramp time to 20 (sounded good),  AB filter no, Mode Autoset.  Any thoughts?

I understand you bought a used ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset. That is a very good machine. The first thing I would do since it is used is go into the Clinical menu and towards the bottom in the Configuration section there will be an option to Erase Data. Make sure the SD card is in place, and then Erase Data. You don't want the previous user's data mixed up with yours. I would also use the Restore Defaults to set the machine back to the factory default configuration. You don't want to be surprised by some odd setting it may have in it from the previous user. Next check and reset date and time if not correct.

After that there are a few options to set up. Sleeprider has suggested an initial minimum pressure of 7 cm and a maximum of 16 cm. Go back up to the top of the Clinical menu. Check to ensure the Mode is set to AutoSet, if it is a standard machine. Or if you have the For Her version, then I would set it to "AutoSet For Her". Next set the Minimum Pressure at 7, and Maximum Pressure at 16. You can change those later if necessary, but that is a good starting point. 

Next set the Mask to the type you have. It sounds like you have a nasal pillows mask, so select Pillows from the option. An example would be the AirFit P10. Post exactly what mask you have, and we can help you get the mask setting right.

Under the Comfort section I prefer to set the Ramp Time to Auto. In this mode it will keep the pressure at the start pressure and ramp it up only after you go to sleep. This will allow you to select a Ramp Start pressure. I would suggest setting that at 6 cm. Most find that comfortable. The next settings should be:

EPR - On
EPR Type - Full Time
EPR Level - 2 (as suggested by Sleeprider that is a good starting point)

The rest of your setting should be ok at default. Do you have the heated climate hose? If you do and it is connected, the Humidity etc should default to Auto setting, and be fine. 

Hope that helps you get started,

Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2018, 09:45 AM)PerChancetoDream Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 10:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: So you have your sleep study report and the best machine in the world. Hopefully you have a mask. What's next?  Are you ready to start?  

Here is a quick tutorial on accessing the settings: https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
You can get a complete clinician manual by requesting one for the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset at this link: https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...nual#THREE
Now, just go to the clinical menu, set the minimum pressure to 7.0, Maximum pressure to 16.0 and set EPR to Full Time at 2.  
Pop in a SD card to record the data
Install and use [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url]
Post your data and we can go from there.

Thank you! Start pressure  says 4.0, & I set Ramp time to 20 (sounded good),  AB filter no, Mode Autoset.  Any thoughts?

(04-23-2018, 10:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: So you have your sleep study report and the best machine in the world. Hopefully you have a mask. What's next?  Are you ready to start?  

Here is a quick tutorial on accessing the settings: https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
You can get a complete clinician manual by requesting one for the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset at this link: https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...nual#THREE
Now, just go to the clinical menu, set the minimum pressure to 7.0, Maximum pressure to 16.0 and set EPR to Full Time at 2.  
Pop in a SD card to record the data
Install and use [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url]
Post your data and we can go from there.

Thank you! Start pressure  says 4.0, & I set Ramp time to 20 (sounded good),  AB filter no, Mode Autoset.  Any thoughts?

With many years of experience here coaching hundreds of users in the initial use of their machines, I can promise you a starting pressure of 4.0 is nearly worthless.  For starters, with a minimum pressure of 4 (the minimum pressure the machine can deliver), EPR does not work. With EPR at 2, you need to be at a minimum pressure of 6 before EPAP moves above 4 cm, so you start off at 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/5, etc. This change in EPR as you are starting will mess with you in a number of way, the most serious being, it will take too long to prevent an obstructive event. Use my suggested starting pressure, and that won't be a problem.

In addition, you will be turning off the ramp sooner than later.  It simply delays the time to reach therapy pressure, and unless you have a comfort issue, it is far better to do without ramp.  For now, I would suggest Auto Ramp which detects likely sleep onset and moves to therapy.  By using ramp together with a starting pressure of 4.0, you will likely feel air-starved at the beginning, and may give obstructive events quite a head start.

That's my opinion, and you will eventually agree...DAMHIK   Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
THANK YOU ALL!

There is Essentials (defaulted to On) & SmartStart (defaulted to Off), AB Filter (no) but otherwise all set up as Ron suggested.

My pillow tubing says "Airfit P10 Nasal Pillows System.

It has a humifier, & I think is heated.

So far, so good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2018, 02:36 PM)PerChancetoDream Wrote: THANK YOU ALL!  

There is Essentials (defaulted to On) & SmartStart (defaulted to Off), AB Filter (no) but otherwise all set up as Ron suggested.

It has a humifier,  & I think is heated.

So far, so good.

Set essentials to plus it will give you a more detailed sleep report on the machine screen with a breakdown of the AHI in the morning
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2018, 02:36 PM)PerChancetoDream Wrote: THANK YOU ALL!  

It has a humifier,  & I think is heated.

So far, so good.

I would set the Essentials to Plus - That will give you a bit more access to the setup controls without going into the Clinical Menu.

SmartStart - Is a personal preference. I have it On. What it will do is start the machine when you put the mask on. It senses the air flow. It will turn the machine off when you physically remove the mask. Some can find that feature annoying and set it to off. Then you have to use the start stop button on the top of the machine to start it and stop it.

AB Filter - I believe refers to an optional anti bacterial filter that fits between the machine and the mask. It probably corrects for the extra pressure drop in the filter. Suspect you do not have it, and it should be set to No. 

Mask - Yes, with that mask set the mask type to Pillows.

They all have a humidifier, but there are two hose types. One will be a fairly clear plastic type, likely with the name "SlimLine" on the gray ends. It is not heated. The heated climate hose will be darker, and there is wire in it that heats the hose. If you have it connected the machine should default to Auto Climate Control, and Auto Temp control. 

Good Luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, everyone. The tubing says "ClimateLine Air", and has a grey (wire?) coiled inside it...so. I think heated! It does not have a "for Her" setting.

I called the clinic about what they would work with me on for free, and all it was was that they would set up the machine for me. (*wat wah*). The girl was rude and nasty when I called. Wow. So, I am going to use our settings here, and may not bother to go back to this place. I am (or maybe was) their patient, and seriously? If they had been one step kinder & waived the second $50 copay, I probably would have gotten their rip off equipment.

So, on to continue my education!

My right nostril kept feeling full as I was falling asleep last night...sometimes my sinuses are bothersome, but I don't know if it had to do with the pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
ClimateLine is a heated tube, and the machine automatically recognizes it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2018, 06:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: ClimateLine is a heated tube, and the machine automatically recognizes it.

Oh, that sounds good.  Except for not having the  "for her" setting, I seem to have obtained a great machine.  I am finding myself liking it, and it fairly easy to use. Smile

I have gone in the User Control Panel to update my profile several times, but I don't see any option to change anything. Is it because I am on my phone?

I am hopeful for sleeping tonight, tho with my migraine today, I did nod off for a short nap earlier.  I hope that doesn't mess anything up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I have gone in the User Control Panel to update my profile several times, but I don't see any option to change anything. Is it because I am on my phone?

You probably need to do this on a real computer. When you go into the control panel, there is a menu column on the left. Half way down is a heading "Your Profile" and the option in that section is "Edit Profile". Click on that, make the changes you want, then click on "Update Profile" at the bottom of the screen.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I am hopeful for sleeping tonight, tho with my migraine today, I did nod off for a short nap earlier. I hope that doesn't mess anything up.

It's not unusual for people to take a little while to adapt to the machine. After all you're learning a whole new way to breathe, with a plastic alien strapped to your face blowing air up your nose from a compressor! Shock Some people get instant results, but for most of us it's a journey, one step forwards and two steps back, until we arrive at a new level of health. The important thing now is to realise that even if it's a bit hard at first, things will get better with perseverance. We've all been through it, and we're all here to help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 201 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 186 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 732 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 153 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 253 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 22 3,432 02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Last Post: godiego

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.