Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brand New - Hope to Get a CPAP Today
RE: Brand New - Hope to Get a CPAP Today
Well, I got my setup as you can see from my profile. Tonight will be night one and I am a little skeptical I will sleep very well with this rig but we shall see.

I was hoping for a DreamWear nasal rig but she said they are not on the list of the ones they can get at the moment. It just seems the hose attachment connecting at the back would be less annoying and less likely to move the nasal frame than with the hose connected to the front.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a very nice setup. The weight of the umbilical hose on the P10 is negligible. I did find that some type of hose support system will aid with any mask used. This can range from a commercial hose hanger on down to a 3M hook mounted above your head on the headboard or wall. This helps in keeping the hose out of the way when turning in your sleep. Also, many members have reported that wearing their CPAP before bed (like watching TV) will help in becoming use to the feeling of using it.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a lanyard to hang my hose from the headboard. Truth is, the P10 is quieter and less likely to leak. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see on my CPAP I can register at ResMed.com/myair and it will give me info on my sleep.

I did download SleepyHead to my PC. Is there any sense in doing both? Is this just ResMeds hook to get my email address and SPAM me to death?
Post Reply Post Reply
The MyAir is basic at best. The best way I can describe my experience with Resmed is; They're as sincere as a politician. MyAir will tell you if you slept with your CPAP or not and if you had leaks. SleepyHead, on the other hand, will give you detailed information to help you understand and adjust your therapy. . . Just my opinion. Big Grin

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,504 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 16 813 02-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 406 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  [Treatment] Change to BIPAP vauto in hope for better therapy Dave Water 41 2,935 05-24-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  what's the best pricing to hope for Resmed 11 Dave W 3 485 03-08-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957
  Brand new Bi-PAP machine whistles on inhale. S.L. Ping Beauty 4 581 02-28-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 459 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.