Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brand New
Brand New
Hello!

I am brand new to all of this!

My first take-home test result was 52. At that time, I was on 10 mg of doxepin (for chronic hives), and probably never even reached REM for long. I have a list of diagnoses as long as my arm, and I hope many will go away with a bit of consistently sound sleep!

My second take-home test result was 18 and showed both OSA and CSA.

Last Thursday, I had my in-lab CPAP titration. The tech said that the doc would prescribe the appropriate pressure and send my prescription to the DME nearest my home. I called today and asked that I receive a copy of my rx as well.

I'm going to look around for a thread that provides reviews on various systems--I'm used to shopping on line and rely heavily on them!!

Just my way of saying "Hi! I'm here!"

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Brand New
Welcome.

Check the links in my signature line to get help on not getting screwed by the medical system.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2014, 05:05 PM)archangle Wrote: Check the links in my signature line to get help on not getting screwed by the medical system.

Thank you for the links, Archangle!

I called my insurance company today to learn the ins and outs of this equipment maze which, I am sure, will become more clear as I actually start working with a DME. I was interested to learn that my insurance will cover on-line equipment as long as the vendor participates with my insurance in my state. I'll see if I can find someone to fit that bill.

I'm most appreciative of the link about the alternative to CPAP; I'll keep that in mind if I have difficulty getting things just right.

Lamb

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lambsydoats,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You will find lots of information to read here.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you as you start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lamb... You do realize that there is probably not more than 1 in 10 people out here that have a clue what "lambseatoats" is all about? But I do know that a "kid'leativytoo."

As to your search? I would very much recommend you check out the new Resmed A10 "For Her" machine. It has capabilities designed for those of the female persuasion that are not available to those of the non-female persuasion. I think it has something to do with vibrating our adam's apple or something.

Anyhow, welcome aboard and shout out if we can help you in any way..
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2014, 09:11 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Hi Lamb... You do realize that there is probably not more than 1 in 10 people out here that have a clue what "lambseatoats" is all about? But I do know that a "kid'leativytoo."

As soon as I came up with the name (a few years ago), my 10-years-older brother reminded me that it's "mareseatoats" and "doeseatoats" and little "lambseativy." Yeah, well.

Oops

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2014, 05:05 PM)archangle Wrote: Check the links in my signature line to get help on not getting screwed by the medical system.

I only just now clicked on the link to the alternative to CPAP. Wow. Dark. But very true.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 04:24 PM)Lambsydoats Wrote:
(10-27-2014, 09:11 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Hi Lamb... You do realize that there is probably not more than 1 in 10 people out here that have a clue what "lambseatoats" is all about? But I do know that a "kid'leativytoo."

As soon as I came up with the name (a few years ago), my 10-years-older brother reminded me that it's "mareseatoats" and "doeseatoats" and little "lambseativy." Yeah, well.

Oops

Ah, what do brothers know??? LOL! You like your name, stay with it - it is Yours, not his.

Anyway, glad you are here. I am also new to using a CPAP/APAP though my hubby has used a CPAP since 2003 and got an APAP in Aug of this year. I got my APAP 20 Sept of this year.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 05:11 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: I got my APAP 20 Sept of this year.

Hi, Evpraxia! How do you like the equipment you chose?

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!

I love your name -- my mother used to sing the whole thing to me.

Wouldn't you?

(And I thought I was one in a billion but retired_guy goes and says it's 1 in 10)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,504 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 406 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Brand new Bi-PAP machine whistles on inhale. S.L. Ping Beauty 4 581 02-28-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 459 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic? billy2606 3 496 01-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  How to know if Resmed Airsense 11 is brand new? LordHelmet 8 1,434 01-03-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  Any help grateful ! 39m brand new to CPAP RedArt 1 434 01-02-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.