Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brand name supplies
Brand name supplies
What are your feelings about the brand name when it comes to CPAP supplies?

To me, brand name hose for my machine is superior to the generic one. My first hose came as a coil in a branded wrapper as apposed to “folded” in a generic wrapper.  The “folds” were not a problem, just a nuisance. 

Second, my current DME does not carry the brand name hose so I went to a supplier on our list and purchased it out of pocket. When it came, it was “folded” in a generic wrapper, BUT, it was the correctly branded hose. 

What’s up with this.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Brand name supplies
I think what happens is the DME's when they have to replace a machine they keep the hose that comes with it. Than they package it themselves ans sell it as a supply. It's a way for them to increase their profits. Same thing when they give you only the one size pillow for your mask. They come in a set with the mask but they keep the other sizes and and sell them as supplies.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2018, 07:12 AM)Rcgop Wrote: What are your feelings about the brand name when it comes to CPAP supplies?

To me, brand name hose for my machine is superior to the generic one. My first hose came as a coil in a branded wrapper as apposed to “folded” in a generic wrapper.  The “folds” were not a problem, just a nuisance. 

Second, my current DME does not carry the brand name hose so I went to a supplier on our list and purchased it out of pocket. When it came, it was “folded” in a generic wrapper, BUT, it was the correctly branded hose. 

What’s up with this.

FWIW: none of my DME supplied heated hoses, or in fact any other supply item, were in generic wrap, only the ResMed bag/box/other container type with the info sticker. lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I order the heated hose simply because they will not give me the brand name non-heated hose. I only NEED a heated hose a couple of months a year. The brand name hoses are clearly superior and QUIETER! It's like shifting crackly paper when I move over using one of the knock off hoses.

I have been able to insist that my supplier give me Resmed brand filters because they clearly make a difference in the summer what with pollen and stuff. I'm fine with using the knockoff once the snow flies since the only thing the brand name filter picks up then is cat fur.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 148 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,504 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 406 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.