Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time
RE: Airsense 10 Autoset cooldown time
Using Power Save mode, like Sleepster mentioned, will also shutdown the power to the SD card. This isn't a problem unless you are using a FlashAir Wi-Fi card.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK great I understand that.

This morning I removed the humidifier tub straight away after waking up:
  • The Resmed still carried on with the Cooling cycle, with air slowly blowing out the ClimateLine.
  • As soon I placed the blanking plate in it stopped the cool down cycle and stopped the air flow through the hose.
One last silly question:

How soon does the Resmed Airsense 10 take to write all the detailed data to the SD card?

Can one lose last night's detailed data by either....
  • entering the PowerSave mode too soon? or
  • Powering off too soon?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 02:53 AM)SevereApnea Wrote: How soon does the Resmed Airsense 10 take to write all the detailed data to the SD card?

Can one lose last night's detailed data by either....
  • entering the PowerSave mode too soon? or
  • Powering off too soon?

Hi SevereApnea,
On my A10, I routinely click the Power button to stop the session (I don't use Smart Start).  The screen immediately switches on and shows the Sleep report.  If I wait a few seconds, the Sleep time shown is usually updated, and increases by a small amount - as if the machine is flushing some data buffer.  I always wait until after this update to press and hold the Power button, to shut down the unit.  I've never lost any data using this procedure.

Also, there is a small LED indicator next to the SD card slot.  If you hold the rubber cover open, you can see this light flash when there is activity (seems to be either reading or writing) on the SD card.  It flashes once when inserting or removing the SD card, even when the machine is powered off. It flashes quite a bit when you power up the machine after the card has been removed and reinserted, as if it needs to check the card.  There is also a message on the screen during this activity.  The flashing and message only last a few seconds.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
By reading some of these posts, it sounds as if I'm not really turning my machine off entirely, by a quick push on it's power button. 

When I get up during the night to make a bathroom call, I reach over and tap the power button, to turn off the air supply, before I disconnect the swivel from my face mask. 

When I get up for the day, I do the same. I reach over and tap the power button. I've been doing this since having started SA Therapy in Sept. of 2018. 

The green light on the power button is always on. I'm assuming that indicates it's in a "stand-by" mode. Is that okay? Or.....should I be shutting it down once I get up for the day?
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I do when I am ready to disconnect from the machine -- tap the button, disconnect the hose at the swivel. I do that so there's no noise as I disconnect the hose. I use Smartstart for starting the machine though.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I too, leave my machine set on the "Smart Start" mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
I rarely shut the machine down entirely, just one push of the button to leave it in standby until next use. can't imagine it uses enough power to worry about the power bill; can't be any worse than all the appliance LED's lighting up the house all night. for no reason other than habit begun the first day of cpap, I always use the button when removing the mask and always use smartstart to begin flow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! I didn't know about cool down time, I learnt something new today, cool.
I press the top button then wait until the screen saves the data then I remove the tank to clean and dry.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,452 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 124 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 844 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.