Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brand new Autoset 10 For Her doesn't auto shut off when mask is removed
Brand new Autoset 10 For Her doesn't auto shut off when mask is removed
We've been testing the new machine. Just got it today. The machine doesn't shut off like my Autoset 10 does when you take off the mask. 

It just keeps running. However, autostart works perfectly. 

New machine's pressure is from 6-20, with EPR at 1. My machine is from 9-13, with EPR at 1. 

New machine uses a P10. I use a Brevida. 

Using the P10 mask on my old machine worked perfectly to start and stop, so it must be something with the new machine. 

Any idea what it could be? 

Should I contact Apria for a replacement? It's also making a different sound on exhale compared to my machine. My machine is a gentle deep exhale whoosh sound and the new machine is a like a slight deep rumble (like an engine sound, but not sure how to describe it better).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Brand new Autoset 10 For Her doesn't auto shut off when mask is removed
Generally when the auto-off feature does not work, there is insufficient leak from the nasal pillows to turn off the machine. What size cushion are you using? Small will not turn off the machine, medium can sometimes not, but large nearly always does. To test this, try disconnecting the mask at the tube and see if the feature works. If so, then it is just inadequate leak being detected.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine. If I have to get up during the night, I reach over to my machine and turn it off. That method stops it immediately. I then disconnect the hose swivel from my face mask. 

If I rely on the auto on/off, it takes a few seconds for the machine to turn off on it's own. That annoys my wife greatly.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2020, 08:03 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Generally when the auto-off feature does not work, there is insufficient leak from the nasal pillows to turn off the machine.  What size cushion are you using?  Small will not turn off the machine, medium can sometimes not, but large nearly always does.  To test this, try disconnecting the mask at the tube and see if the feature works.  If so, then it is just inadequate leak being detected.

Using the P10 in extra small. We tested this theory by plugging in the P10 xs in my old machine and the start-stop functionality worked perfectly.

We plugged it back into the new machine and it failed. Unplugging and plugging in the mask at the tube end did not change the results, sadly
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2020, 01:36 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I have the same machine. If I have to get up during the night, I reach over to my machine and turn it off. That method stops it immediately. I then disconnect the hose swivel from my face mask. 

If I reply on the auto on/off, it takes a few seconds for the machine to turn off on it's own. That annoys my wife greatly.  Oh-jeez

Unfortunately, this may be problematic for the user, so it's safer for her to have the mask auto on and auto off. Personally, I always smack my machine to turn it off when needed even though my machine operates perfectly with auto-on and off.
Post Reply Post Reply
If a feature does not work properly, you may have a warranty condition. The only way to know is to report it to the supplier/DME. Just a thought the P10 nasal pillows usually work better in a size larger than the user thinks might be the case. Trying a small or even medium would flow more air.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2020, 08:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If a feature does not work properly, you may have a warranty condition. The only way to know is to report it to the supplier/DME.  Just a thought the P10 nasal pillows usually work better in a size larger than the user thinks might be the case.  Trying a small or even medium would flow more air.

The user tested the small vs xsmall and they felt more comfortable with the physical fit of the XS. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
All considered, I would be reluctant to tell "the user" she is wrong. I'm completely good with that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
No harm in calling the DME supplier and running the questions / issues past them.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2020, 01:36 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I have the same machine. If I have to get up during the night, I reach over to my machine and turn it off. That method stops it immediately. I then disconnect the hose swivel from my face mask. 

If I reply on the auto on/off, it takes a few seconds for the machine to turn off on it's own. That annoys my wife greatly.  Oh-jeez

That’s how it goes with my PR Dream Station and I use the same procedure as Big Guy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 195 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,504 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 406 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  It Just Doesn't Matter cmpman1974 6 637 12-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 673 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.