Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brand new cpap user! Some questions regarding my first night
RE: Brand new cpap user! Some questions regarding my first night
Things are moving in the right direction. We predicted CA might be increased with the higher EPR, but I'm hoping this will diminish as you become accustomed to it. The improvement in flow limitation, pressure fluctuation and comfort should be the payoff in the end. If not, then we have the option to return EPR to 1. The pressure delivery of a Vauto is refined enough that it usually resolves these problems, but it's a pretty steep investment for relatively minor improvement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2020, 10:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Things are moving in the right direction. We predicted CA might be increased with the higher EPR, but I'm hoping this will diminish as you become accustomed to it.  The improvement in flow limitation, pressure fluctuation and comfort should be the payoff in the end. If not, then we have the option to return EPR to 1.  The pressure delivery of a Vauto is refined enough that it usually resolves these problems, but it's a pretty steep investment for relatively minor improvement.
Thanks for the reply.  I do have a VAuto actually that I picked up last week, should I switch to it for a few days?  How should I set it?  There's a lot of options that aren't on the airsense that I am not accustomed to.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK let's try this if you're up to putting miles on the VAuto:
Mode VAuto or VPAP Auto something like that, ask if you're not sure with list of available
Pressures can be like you're having 8-13
Pressure Support is same idea as EPR but EPR reduces pressure on exhales, PS at 3
Humidity and heated hose if applicable can be set identically
Find the setting called Trigger, set it to High, all the other, Cycle and Ti Min/Max leave at defaults
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do these settings look good?

Mode : VAuto
Max IPAP : 13
Min EPAP : 8
PS 3.0
TI MAX : 2.0s
TI MIN : 0.3s
Trigger : High
Cycle : Med
Post Reply Post Reply
As you have, but edit Trigger to High to help combat CA stuff
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with this, but you are currently on EPR at 2, which is the same as PS 2. I don't mind you trying PS 3, especially with trigger sensitivity on high, but we may need to back off to PS 2. Everything else looks good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was pretty bad but I think just because of the leaks. Will tighten the mask up a bit tonight or maybe even try the nasal pillow again since the pressures were lowered and also it should be easier to exhale now with the bipap. I have been watching a lot of videos of oscar data analysis and I think a lot of the CAs I have are all leak related, if there is a leak right before a CA it's usually not a real CA correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
The leak points to CA aspect...I'd not be sure without the chart, but I'd tend to say not exactly. If leaking is due to position change, then that may create a breath hold which may be flagged as CA.

PS I'd actually debated myself on the PS level. I was initially going to suggest PS 2-3, and probably should have just said 2 PS for equal 2 EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to attach the graph! That's what happens when I get a bad night's sleep  Huhsign Huh Laugh-a-lot

[Image: ezjnsYW.png]

Here's a direct attachment.. maybe this one will be able to be zoomed in on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
New settings:
Vauto mode
EPAP min 7.0
PS 2.0
IPAP max 11.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,475 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,036 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,130 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.