Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brand new cpap user! Some questions regarding my first night
RE: Brand new cpap user! Some questions regarding my first night
I can not see if you set the trigger sensitivity on high?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep I should have suggested 2 PS to equate 2 EPR.
Good job on the chart, it's now attached proper on there with zoom ability.
As far as I recall Trigger high was in place as suggested.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2020, 03:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: New settings:
Vauto mode
EPAP min 7.0
PS 2.0
IPAP max 11.0
Okay! Could you tell me the reasoning for the change?  Thank you for your help.
(12-02-2020, 03:35 PM)staceyburke Wrote: I can not see if you set the trigger sensitivity on high?
Yes, it was set on high!  Thank you.
(12-02-2020, 03:42 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Yep I should have suggested 2 PS to equate 2 EPR.
Good job on the chart, it's now attached proper on there with zoom ability.
As far as I recall Trigger high was in place as suggested.

I did feel yesterday with the bipap that breathing out was extremely easy.  I woke up this morning with less aerophagia issues, I was able to keep the mask on the entire night but I just remember constantly waking up probably due to the leaks.  I really don't like having the mask on so tight but I guess I don't have a choice.  I'll try the full face again tonight and if I can get some good data with less leaks maybe the nasal pillow tomorrow..  Also currently shopping for some new masks to try on, this one's just so bulky.

I can't say how much I appreciate everyone here's help.  I'd be totally lost if I had not discovered this forum and would probably still be on the cpap with my doctor's settings as they had said to try one or two weeks on those settings before I changed anything.   Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Not speaking for others, but I think the reason for pressure edits, 1 is that I should have said PS 2 instead of 3. EPR 3 was proven bad for the CA, and PS is same as EPR in pressure differential. Also I think pressures that are down a bit may reduce CA a bit more.

Masks: I have Fisher & Paykel full face Vitera and Simplus. They do have hard plastic bar in the front that seems to increase stability. These both are very easy to get minimal leaks, and they have nasal and pillows too that are likely to be very comfortable. Take a look at F&P masks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You were using the Airsense 10 at 9 to 12 with EPR 2. That is a range of 9.0/7.0 to 12.0/10.0 (IPAP/EPAP)
With the new Vauto settings at 7 to 11 PS 2 you will be using a range of 9.0/7.0 to 11.0/9.0 (IPAP/EPAP)

Are we on the same page yet? The pressure settings are identical to your best CPAP setting, but with a lower maximum IPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2020, 05:13 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You were using the Airsense 10 at 9 to 12 with EPR 2.  That is a range of 9.0/7.0 to 12.0/10.0 (IPAP/EPAP)
With the new Vauto settings at 7 to 11 PS 2 you will be using a range of 9.0/7.0 to 11.0/9.0 (IPAP/EPAP)

Are we on the same page yet?  The pressure settings are identical to your best CPAP setting, but with a lower maximum IPAP.

Yes that makes sense.  I'll get a few days of data and report back.  Thank you again for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're of a mind to, you can see what happens after next sleep session. Despite CA and their inconsistent ways, I'd think that they'd respond positive, negative, or not at all pretty quick. I just don't want you hanging out there several days if it's not working properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a few nights where I just fell asleep without the mask but the last two nights I was able to keep it on for a few hours.  The 5th seemed to be pretty good, only an AHI of 4, but last night the 6th for some reason was really bad.  Any idea why?  No real changes between the two except for the humidity and temperature.

Aerophagia was pretty bad last night as well, is this something I'll just have to get used to?

Here are some zoomed in parts of some clusters on the night of the 6th.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
One more.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2020, 07:56 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I would start with an EPR setting of 2, as long as you are not prone to Central Sleep Apnea...  which we don't know until we can see some data.

The EPR will help you to exhale against the pressure, but can also increase clear airway events.  

Looks like you have OSCAR installed, so follow the link below for guidance.  Then use the attachment feature to post a chart from the daily page.

I'm new as well and my sleep study said that I had 2 instances of central sleep apnea, does this need to be addressed, or is a normal cpap machine enough?, my REI was 51
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 524 53 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 48 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 163 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,505 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,047 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,145 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.