Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brands Machines
Brands Machines
As I am Canadian my choices are extremely limited on the site here that lists several places in which to buy equipment.

Its 50/50 but I might have found someone with a S9 AutoSet that I can buy.
I won't know until tomorrow morning if it is happening but my fingers are crossed.

In the meantime IF worse comes to worse, I have someone else willing to sell me very inexpensively, this machine..Sleepstyle 200 Series - #234

Is that anywhere as good as the S9 auto set?
I see it has software, a card you can read with info on it such as what I gather the S9 Autoset can do, or is there that much difference between these machines and the Autoset S9 that none are Worth buying except for it, the S9?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Brands Machines
Actually, since posting this, I just received, after a 12 hour wait, an email about the Auto Set and hopefully if it all works out well I should be buying it Friday morning.

Obviously I would buy that over the other one but still curious as to the one I asked about, as to whether it is comparable, or not?
Sleepstyle 200 Series - #234

I am buying, apparently, a brand new S9 AutoSet with Humidifier, bag, cord, etc for $650 and coming with it is a brand new Swift FX Nasal Mask, all brand new.

The guy was asking $650 or Best Offer but unless someone tells me differently, that is a good price here for a brand new one so I wasn't going to risk losing it by offering him $25 less and having someone else get it.
But I shall find out this afternoon.

He says he still has it, plus is also selling a brand new Elite for $25 or $50 less but i wanted the AutoSet S9
Post Reply Post Reply
Avoid SleepStyle 234 ... not data capable machine and not APAP either

$650 for brand new S9 AutoSet, H5i, and mask is good deal
Make sure does say 'AutoSet' (not Escape or Escape Auto) next to power button
It might not be the latest version but who care at such price and nothing really significant has been updated

Check run hours are zero (run hours not reset when data is erased)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well done Shelagh! I know you have been after an S9 Autoset for quite a while now and that sounds like an excellent deal you have acquired, good on you.
You won't know yourself being able to read your sleep pattern daily, if you desire.
Great getting bonus mask thrown in.
Looking forward to hearing more once you get connected.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ShelaghDB,
The SleepStyle 234 is an older machine, you would be much better served with the S9AutoSet because of the fact that it's newer technology and that it is a newer, data-capable machine.
Hopefully, it is in good condition.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Make sure does say 'AutoSet' (not Escape or Escape Auto) next to power button
It might not be the latest version but who care at such price and nothing really significant has been updated

Check run hours are zero (run hours not reset when data is erased)

Its brand new, still in its box but yes, I will be checking anyhow
The guys background is in anesthesia so i figure if legit he must be getting a deal on them somewhere.
(another reason why they will be double-checked so as to make sure they work just fine
I asked if they were refurbished but he said no, brand new, still in box

His ads been up since May 12th and i find it hard to believe that no one has bought it at this price so I am guessing he might have more than one that he's selling
And you get your choice of a wide or regular FX nasal mask

So, i am a seller online myself.
I sell all the Oral B and Sonicare $200 electronic brushes so I know what scams to look for.........Ive had them all try them on me and can smell them 10 miles away

That said its an S9 so it is the latest.
The S8 is an older one.

This will mean I can sell both my S9 Escapes for not much money, give someone else that can't afford one, an Escape S9 a great deal and 2 together pay for my machine.

Quote:Well done Shelagh! I know you have been after an S9 Autoset for quite a while now and that sounds like an excellent deal you have acquired, good on you.
You won't know yourself being able to read your sleep pattern daily, if you desire.
Great getting bonus mask thrown in.

I wish I could tell you that my fantastic negotiating skills got all of that for me but, the sad truth is thats all that was offered and I didnt have to fight for anything-hence, why I make sure its all checked out beforehand Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I think what Zonk meant be latest version is the firmware version.
You can get the year of manufacture from the 2nd and 3rd digit of the serial number.

XX13.... would mean made in 2013
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Picking it up tomorrow morning for $650. As I said, it also includes that nasal mask which is brand new as well, SD card, Carrying Case, hose, etc.

I trust him. I've dealt with enough people online and believe I have learned when to go with my gut feelings about people and believe him to be honest.
In any event, he said he is in the anesthesia field.

I missed what he said about that and will ask again tomorrow, but he said something about how he started his own company selling the masks. Something to do with people when going under for operations not wanting to pay out $75 for masks.
Thats the part I didn't hear. I haven't any idea why when people are having operations, they would be needing to buy a face mask for if they had Sleep Apnea, wouldn't they already have a mask? Therefore, why would they be needing to buy a mask for the operation?
So I believe he is saving his patients money, somehow for these operations where the masks are needed. He mentioned due to this he sometimes gets a couple of machines and sells them this way.

I don't drive and the subway and bus ride to his condo was quite a distance but he was not going to be working in Toronto for a week or so perhaps so I hadn't any choice but to travel out to see him.
At first it was going to be a bus ride from the subway end of the line to a mall so I could plug in the machine and prove to myself it worked, etc.
But after talking to him for some time and firmly believing him to be trust worthy, he offered to meet me by car at the subway station although the downside to that is that there is unlikely any plugs so I really do have to trust him and in doing so I have asked him to open the box tonight himself and just double check that everything does work properly first.

I have until tomorrow morning to decide if I would rather go to a mall and do it the original way but i am almost certain he's trustworthy but I will still give this some thought tonight.

There is a manufacturers warranty with it for whenever an electrical component is sold from the buyer to a second person, it tends to invalidate the proper warranty but these machines are very well made so I am not to worried about it.
If ANYONE of you have had numerous problems with the S9 AutoSet, now is the time to chirp in and let me know if I should be ok with this machine on such a warranty level or not??!!

He asked me if i knew how to change the settings and i said that i belong to a forum of people that do and i can easily learn so I wasn't concerned.
I suppose i could send him an email tonight with my test results and if he does know how to set it, to let him do so???

He joked and asked me since i belonged to a forum, was whether or not I'd be using SleepyHead software and i said I believed so although off hand, I mainly use 2 Macbook Pros and can't remember if they take OSX or Windows, although I also just got a new Samsung laptop and installed Win 7 on it instead of Win 8 which it came with at which point he suggested I actually use the Resmed software, I think it was called?

So fingers are crossed. If all goes well I can sell both my S9 Machines and the 2 together can pay for this one hopefully ;-)

If all goes well when I pick it up, I will be back here tomorrow looking for info on how to set it up.......

Thanks in advance once again to all of you for your ongoing outstanding help!!!!! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Way to go Shelagh!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I think what Zonk meant be latest version is the firmware version.
You can get the year of manufacture from the 2nd and 3rd digit of the serial number.

Quote: It might not be the latest version but who care at such price and nothing really significant has been updated

Not sure if one version below would make that much difference would it? Even IF they came out with new firmware, would the older one if just a half a year to a year old be that much older that they would not update its firmware as well?

/off to check the bus, subway schedules in order to see how much time I would save NOT having to go straight to his condo, which is right beside a huge shopping mall here, which is actually where i would go, sorry, not his condo.......so I could plug it in there and make sure it worked, etc.

Will go look at time distance, etc and see if it is better that i just take out the extra time and go there so I can be 100% confident it works, etc as well as see it opened straight from the box, rather than have him fiddle with it tonight

1 Question

What does this mean? ABLE TO BE CONVERTED INTO FIXED CPAP?

Quote:Brand New Resmed S9 Auto model
Able to be converted into fixed CPAP

Comes with humidifier, hose, charger and carrying case
Will include brand new Wisp or Swift Nano mask
Still in Box

Post #11 on page 2

Quote:Ignore anything about about meeting him somewhere else and trusting him to test the machine for me. As much as i do believe he's to be trusted, I decided not to take a chance anyhow and am meeting him at the mall where it call can be tested.

The more i gave it thought, the less i wanted to give anyone that much trust, although I am still sure he deserved it but then I would have just worried all the way home that i had been too trustworthy---this eliminates that stress ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 131 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 873 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 527 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 616 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 84,137 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,131 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 793 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.