Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brands Machines
RE: Brands Machines
Ignore anything about about meeting him somewhere else and trusting him to test the machine for me. As much as i do believe he's to be trusted, I decided not to take a chance anyhow and am meeting him at the mall where it call can be tested.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2014, 07:38 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Ignore anything about about meeting him somewhere else and trusting him to test the machine for me. As much as i do believe he's to be trusted, I decided not to take a chance anyhow and am meeting him at the mall where it call can be tested.
Hi ShelaghDB,
That is a good idea to meat him and test it.
Good luck to you with the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Nearly all APAPs can be set to be regular CPAPs. A lot of folks only use the auto part to do their own at home titration then go to the CPAP with the pressure they determined to be best for them. Then if any problems arise, they switch back to auto to see if there's a problem with the pressure.

That's one of the best things about an APAP. It is essentially two machines in one. It can be both the Autoset and the Elite.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula. I am still not clear on the differences but I see I will have to read up on this particular end of the subject better so I do fully understand.

SO I DID get the AUTOSET FINALLY!!!!

All brand new, paid $650 and got it plus the humidifier and he also gave me the typical black carrying bag, a heated hose and a brand new mask the Respironics Wisp.

It was that mask or a mother one but that second one looked exactly like my other nasal mask but my DME just keeps sending me things weather i need them or not. My health insurance covers 100% of everything so even if I don't need a mask at the 6 month part, I will be sent on if not two for Kevin as well /sighs

It actually angers me that they are soaking our health care system so poorly this way. ID also rather see them give out the AutoSets, not these ones, the Escapes.

These masks, the Wisp look kind of neat. Inside the bag there are 3 nose pieces. Basically the mask can be anyone of 3 sizes. Not sure what I am supposed to do with the bigger or smaller ones than I will need LOL

Now i must go off to read up on his to set it up for myself...............and I could be back with many a question ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2014, 01:24 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Thanks Paula. I am still not clear on the differences but I see I will have to read up on this particular end of the subject better so I do fully understand.

SO I DID get the AUTOSET FINALLY!!!!

All brand new, paid $650 and got it plus the humidifier and he also gave me the typical black carrying bag, a heated hose and a brand new mask the Respironics Wisp.

It was that mask or a mother one but that second one looked exactly like my other nasal mask but my DME just keeps sending me things weather i need them or not. My health insurance covers 100% of everything so even if I don't need a mask at the 6 month part, I will be sent on if not two for Kevin as well /sighs

It actually angers me that they are soaking our health care system so poorly this way. ID also rather see them give out the AutoSets, not these ones, the Escapes.

These masks, the Wisp look kind of neat. Inside the bag there are 3 nose pieces. Basically the mask can be anyone of 3 sizes. Not sure what I am supposed to do with the bigger or smaller ones than I will need LOL

Now i must go off to read up on his to set it up for myself...............and I could be back with many a question ;-)

So pleased for you.
Good luck!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Gabby:

Thank you.

I notice you are using the S9 Escape and have a CPAP pressure of only 6. Am I correct in saying that you were diagnosed as having borderline Sleep Apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you figure out the difference between cpap and apap (auto)? For constant pressure you just set min and max to same setting? And auto you set the range of pressure with the min and max settings and it will adj itself within that range as needed.
I'm sure by now you got it all down, and when I bought my S9 used I kept my original machine for backup. Not sure but the cost and time without a machine if there were a problem may be more than keeping one around.
Enjoy the new machine.
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2014, 11:26 AM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Gabby:

Thank you.

I notice you are using the S9 Escape and have a CPAP pressure of only 6. Am I correct in saying that you were diagnosed as having borderline Sleep Apnea?

Hi Shelagh, My AHI was only 18, they said I was moderate. My machine was given to me through the Government. For three months before I had hired an Elite so was able to download and keep track. I thought I would get an Elite from Gov.but wasn't so. I have my leaks under control, well i am hoping they are, when i am asleep, and my AHI'S used to be very good so I am hoping they still are, as the Sleep Doctor doesn't want to see me for twelve months.
My problem is I still suffer extreme daytime tiredness.
I am not asking for Answers as we have been through this and it is something I have to learn to live with. I have made all the necessary changes in my life to try and change this but to no avail.
I am going to save my pennies and try and get a good deal like you at some point and upgrade to an Autoset S9.
Looking forward to hearing the next part of your story.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Machine can be converted to CPAP in software (SETUP menu)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2014, 11:26 AM)ShelaghDB Wrote: I notice you are using the S9 Escape and have a CPAP pressure of only 6. Am I correct in saying that you were diagnosed as having borderline Sleep Apnea?

Having an S9 Escape leads to the diagnosis of a borderline doctor, not borderline apnea. Unfortunately, even in the US, many bad doctors believe that a one night $leep te$t plus a brick CPAP machine is as good as actually monitoring the patient's treatment. Even for people with severe apnea, the "one size fits all" assembly line apnea treatment is often dispensed. I think a lot of people suffer or die from this due to poor treatment, or patients giving up on CPAP because they don't get the adjustments that would help them use CPAP.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 672 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 595 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,126 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,018 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 752 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.