Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brazen Therapy Thread
RE: Brazen Therapy Thread
"may run without heat"

Check the connections on a heated hose if you have one...try cleaning with a pencil eraser. Then wipe the connections clean after.

Hope this helps.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave, definitely helpful

I'll check the hose connection, I've probably pulled it out a little tossing and turning. 

It's just weird that the F30 has been working for me fairly well, random bad nights here and there are expected, and now I've had almost two weeks of terrible leaks even with nightly adjustments.
I have ordered new headgear, maybe that will help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the F30i.  I wasn't claustrophobic at all.  However, my AHI>high.  

Saturday night I used my F&P Evora Full full face mask.  I got tangled in the hose.  Mid-evening get-up I ended up with the machine on, hose pulled out of the mask, and mask insert out of the frame.  Even so my AHI was 1 after 5 hours of use! So there's (a little bit of) hope. 

DaveL
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave
I do have the Evora FFM. I had great luck with it the first two nights and then things went sideways. (Leaks!)
I tried it again a few nights back, because of all my troubles with the F30, and I woke up in the middle of the night with my mouth open under it. Didn't even know that was possible!

It's too expensive to keep trying different masks when they are all terrible. 

It should not be so difficult to get a good night's sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2022, 01:45 PM)Brazen Wrote: It's too expensive to keep trying different masks when they are all terrible. 

So sorry you're having this trouble.
I'm not in the US, but I understand there are online providers who will let you try out masks risk-free for up to a month. Would that help?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Brazen,

I've done that too! Tried to wear the Evora Full much higher.

There's a really good primer on adjusting masks somewhere here. The fellow who wrote it changed my life, I was so successful when I followed his way. Then I forgot....I wish I had a link.

IIRC he says that success comes from minute adjustments, one at a time. And checks to make sure that the mask is on symmetrical. In other words the straps are the same length on the left and right side of my face.

Good to share information. Thanks

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
EddyDee - Thanks for the sympathy. 
I'm not familiar with any service like that. Maybe someone can point me to one?

Dave - yeah, I've read the mask primer a few times.  I thought I had the process down, guess it's just a time to struggle.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was a smidge better.
Let's hope it was just a bad phase.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the only ones who hurry to make snap judgements are the sleep staff who determine whether we have sleep apnea

My first sleep test I slept just long enough to be awarded the severe sleep apnea prize

I’m glad your evening was better. Predict you are on a roll.

Hope this helps!

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2022, 05:29 PM)Brazen Wrote: EddyDee - Thanks for the sympathy. 
I'm not familiar with any service like that. Maybe someone can point me to one?

Not being in the US, I've never had occasion to use them, but from what I can see, suppliers #1 and #18 on the supplier list seem to offer 30-day mask trials. Maybe others do too.

HTH! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 80 1,834 5 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 30 633 6 hours ago
Last Post: Dalemazkour
  Therapy Beginner Help papercupprincess 7 197 10 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 10 419 Yesterday, 10:19 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 497 Yesterday, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,565 04-26-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,885 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.