Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brazen Therapy Thread
RE: Brazen Therapy Thread
For your post#75,09-26-2022, 12:37 PM

I would increase pressure by 1 since you spent 99.5% of the time there.

I need to go back and read posts. and look at scans for info on the changes between for her and APAP

How do you find the difference between the two modes?
Post Reply Post Reply
@KeepSmiling
I was experiencing aerophagia at higher pressures so I lowered,  which eliminated the aerophagia, and slowly bumping it back up if needed.
The night posted on #75 did hit some higher pressure but on average I don't seem to max out.

My centrals are thought to be treatment induced so I'm not too worried about them. 

I experience arousals all night long and there is little evidence I'm hitting REM often - hence the bi-level trial.

The mode changes are in the clinical menu of my machine, you can find those in a tab at the top of the main screen, I think, or Google it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Brazen,

On your OSCAR data it mentions the Brazen two different modes. That is why I asked if you saw differences.

I think anything other then straight obstructive apnea is harder to treat and the tiredness isalways there, just to a lesser a degree
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I thought you were asking where on the machine to find the modes.

No, I haven't noticed any difference in the modes. But I don't notice any difference with any of it... pressure settings, reduced AHI, reduced flow limits...  all feels subjectively the same to me. 
The aerophagia was the only effect of my treatment I have felt and I'm just glad that's gone at lower pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am glad it is gone.

Thanks for answering. My son was given a FOR HER 10.

It was horrible for him, he had a two week titration on a Respironics autoset. The doctor said to put him on a Respironics. DME sucked it up and gave him one.

Originally when he was given the For Her, I told the DME it says its for her, he is a man. The woman's response just the colour is different.

Yes shaking my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
Different color, seriously?!
Good grief.

There are men here who use the "For Her" machines/settings. 
I *think* the difference is in the pressure changes - "for her" being a more smooth transition between pressures but I'm not 100% sure on that. Of course gender doesn't always dictate preferences.

I think it's quite uncommon to prefer the Respironics machine over the ResMes, glad your son was able to get a machine that works for him.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2022, 07:56 AM)Brazen Wrote: ... There are men here who use the "For Her" machines/settings. 
I *think* the difference is in the pressure changes - ...

I know I see I started noticing that and it scares me.  I want to post my son's issues, but I am afraid it is over stepping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why does it scare you?

If it was me, I would show this forum to your son and ask if he would like the expert's input on his issues and treatment.  I did that with my Dad and he was thankful for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
KeepSmiling - We have several members here posting on the behalf of their Parent, Spouse, Child, Sibling, or a friend. The purpose here is to try and provide help and encouragement. All we would ask, is you qualify as to whom you are posting about, so we don't confuse your profile listing to the post you are making.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I never made a copy of son's data, since I had no way of reading ResMed data at the time. Or I thought there was no way.

At the end of August my REMstar Auto M Series with C-Flex gave a "Service Required" paraphrasing, when I turned it off.

So I am on the hunt for a new machine. Choices were limited. I said no way to Philips because of the limitation of control I would have on it.

I was thinking of the Airsense 11, Still hard to get in Canada; and I am not sure about new technology.

This weekend I was thinking of getting a AS10 so have been looking at the For Her. The info I can get says it is -softer increasing pressure slower
slower decreases,
if two apneas appear close together then a min will be set until the next session, (I am assuming for the rest of the night),and

The past 12cm of water, I am not sure of.

On my old machine I rarely got to 12 in resent months. On the Resmed Elite 9, I have borrowerd from someone, the adjustments I am making are at 12.4-12.6 level.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 5 194 35 minutes ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 957 1 hour ago
Last Post: dormivi
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 7 157 2 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,621 5 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,551 6 hours ago
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,266 Yesterday, 10:30 PM
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 89 Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.