Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breaking a RAID 1 array
Interesting...
I just entered: fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify
in a command elevated prompt and I find TRIM is enabled on my 2 HDD RAID system.
Perhaps, I do not need to switch the controller mode to AHCI from RAID to use my SSD and have TRIM operate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as there is no performance hit from looking for the other array member.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2015, 05:55 PM)LanceC Wrote: As long as there is no performance hit from looking for the other array member.

When I booted the SSD in RAID mode yesterday, the RAID screen did not come up like it usually does. It didn't miss the former array.
Below is a shot of the screen on normal boot. This RAID screen usually shows up for a few seconds during boot. Note: In this configuration, I had a short-stroked WD VelociRaptor on SATA-3 as my Temp drive. (It provided no noticeable improvement -- so, I pulled it.

[Image: IMG_1567a.jpg]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Looks like you're good to go then.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first PC had a whoppin' 4 MB of RAM and a 120 MB hard drive and ran IBMDOS 5.0, later updated to MSDOS 6.22 with an additional Windows 3.1 GUI added grudgingly added later. That was HUGE back then, and we didn't need no stinkin' redundancy because we backed up everything to those new fancy 3.5 inch floppies. Ain't nuthin' that couldn't be done from the DOS prompt. Even though I succumbed to Win 3.1 interface, my friends and I still thought GUIs were for wimps.

The only RAID we needed back then was to get rid of the bugs in the garage. Coffee

Bigwink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Lol, but I have you beat.

128K memory, 40MB hard drive and 5 1/4" floppies.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-24-2015, 09:43 PM)LanceC Wrote: Lol, but I have you beat.

128K memory, 40MB hard drive and 5 1/4" floppies.

'Ya got me beat, although my PC had both a 3.5 and 5 1/4 drive on it. Never did use the 5.25 drive other than once or twice when I purchased a program that came on the larger floppies. And i think someone gave me a copy of Duke Nukem or some other cool game on a old 5.25 floppy, so I just had to load that, of course.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
An XT clone: 80188 processor, 20 MB HDD, two half-height 5.25 " floppies. I think 256k RAM on the MOBO. Plus an extension card with RAM that was used as RAMDISK. DOS ?? Windows was a give away -- no GUI just a shell to run DOS commands. If MS hadn't kept the right to sell what he developed for IBM, there would have been no clones. Before that, I built an IMSAI 8080 that ran CPM.

Had access to the HP 2100 and Data General Nova Minicomputers.
First machine I ever used was an IBM 1620 that did BCD arithmetic -- no fixed word length.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone remember the Timex Sinclair 1000?
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply

My first was a metal Kapro with built-in 8" monitor dual 5¼ floppies and 64K memory running CPM O/S. It was kind of a forerunner to the Compaq.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's up with my Intel RAID? justMongo 3 277 12-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  RAID 1 issues justMongo 5 816 05-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Last Post: AlanE