Breaking a RAID 1 array
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

Sex: Male

RE: Breaking a RAID 1 array
My first "PC" was a Tandy Model 1 - 4k of RAM, cassette recorder for data. Friend update it to 16K. First hard drive I ever bought was a SCSI for my Apple IIe - 5 MB for a whopping $700. It came in a box about the size of a bar fridge. Totally encased in foam. Now, you can find them in blister packs.

Homer
03-25-2015 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
LanceC Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit™ F10
Humidifier: Built in
CPAP Pressure: 14-25
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

My first computer:

[Image: 4175840101_5f98070d27_o.jpeg]

(Not really)

This space for rent.
03-25-2015 12:39 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(03-25-2015 08:41 AM)LanceC Wrote:  Anyone remember the Timex Sinclair 1000?

Yep, had one. small and cheap with a membrane keyboard, hooked up to a standard CRT television set, had to be set for channel 3 or 4 or something. Ran programs in BASIC if I remember correctly, never did much with it.

[Image: timexsinclair.jpg]

Also had a Texas Instrument's TI-99, like the pic below. Remember it had program cartridges that slid into the right-side area. We had 2 games for it also - Hunt the Wumpus and Alpiner. Both pretty cool games for the time period. Other programs could be loaded using an old-style cassette tape recorder, assuming you had the interface cord for it. Pretty sure it used BASIC also.
[Image: ti-99-retro-computer.jpg]

Those were the poor man's home computer back then. If you were a bit more geeky, you might have had a Radio Shack TRS-80:

[Image: tandy_trs80_model1.gif]

Played with those back in college. Almost wish i still had one today, just for nostalgia purposes. They were cool.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

03-25-2015 04:29 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
LanceC Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

I have a couple of TI-99/4A's out in the garage somewhere. My first real computer was the Commodore VIC-20. It was a blast! I wrote a BB that ran on it, second one in the country at the time.

Boy, those were the days...

This space for rent.
03-25-2015 04:37 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

We had a couple of these in 1980. Apple 2.
I edited the OS on disk to change some error messages.
I changed SYNTAX ERROR to STUPID ERROR. My boss borrowed my OS disk one day -- I forgot and gave him the modified disk.
He came back and said there's something wrong with this!
[Image: 300px-Apple_II_tranparent_800.png]

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
03-25-2015 04:40 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
LanceC Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

L O L !

This space for rent.
03-25-2015 04:41 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(03-25-2015 04:37 PM)LanceC Wrote:  I wrote a BB that ran on it, second one in the country at the time.

Boy, those were the days...

Yeah, I used to use a BBS back in the early 90's back called "Excaliber" based out of Griffith, Indiana. It was a blast. At first I used a 2400 baud internal modem that was on my IBM 486 PS1 PC, then I bought an external 14,400 which was lightning fast.

Found this post from the person who started that BBS and it sure brought back memories:

Quote:Excaliber, Excalibur BBS Griffith, IN
(1988-1996) Jeff Ready PCBoard , Wildcat, PC-Board

"I was the SysOp of this BBS, which was a project started by my dad and I together when I was in the 7th grade as a sort of father-son project. We started with Wildcat software which we used for a long time, briefly used Quick BBS, and finally ended up on PC-BOARD as we evolved into more sophisticated things like participating in FIDO-NET. We started at 1200 baud and one computer, which I would have to take offline if I wanted to call into another BBS because we had just the one. Eventually, we added another line, had two PCs networked together with LANTASTIC, and got a 16.8k US ROBOTICS modem with the special "FOR BBS USE ONLY - NOT FOR RESALE" placard on it because of the special pricing availble to SysOps.

"I remember being amazed at the whole FIDO next message board/email system -- being able to send a message from the local BBS, then watching as our system auto-dialed a system in Chicago at night, which would then dial some other system, and eventually the message would make its way to the intended recipient. An email and a reply might take days to complete, but it was still electronic and free, which was just the coolest thing ever. Little did we know then what those early email-relay systems would evolve into.

"We kept the BBS going even while I was in college, although from '93-96 the whole BBS thing was really in its twilight. For a number of years we won the prestigious (LOL) "Northwest Indiana's Best BBS Award" - heck we may well have won that ever year such voting actually took place -- at least 3 or 4 times anyway.

"I look back now and can't believe how much things have changed, but since I got out of school I've been a technology entrepreneur, I've started a number of internet related companies, raised venture capital, did the dot-com thing, and here I am still at it -- and I probably owe it all to running that BBS with my dad when I was 13 years old. My first "real" business out of college was an ISP in 1996, which was really nothing more than a more modern BBS, with dial up modems and the whole bit.

"The funny thing is that you can't even talk about the BBS days to people that didn't experience them first hand, because it all seems so foreign - yet if you were there, the evolution to where we are now is plain as day.

"Anyway, thanks for having this site - I stumbled onto it by complete accident as I was checking a caller ID call I missed, and somehow this came up. It really has brought back some memories."

"Now if I can just remember how to play Tradewars... Thanks again." - Jeff

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

03-25-2015 08:50 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
LanceC Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments:

Wow, talk about your deja vu!

When I finally folded my little VIC-20 BBS, my AssOp (Assistant SysOp) (Yeah, he hated being called that) went on and founded the Lakes Region BBS in Northern Illinois. It was multi-node, PC-Board based and he did very well.

I remember going from 300 BAUD to 1200 BAUD and felt like a bit of heaven had descended to Earth.

This space for rent.
03-25-2015 09:01 PM
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0

Other Comments:

Right there with you guys. Started out on a TI 99A. Next to a Commodore 64 and then to a Commodore 128 on which I ran a BBS with a bunch of "high capacity" floppy drives. Finally managed to get a hard drive for the 128 and thought that I had died and gone to heaven. Finally switched to a PC and never looked back. It was a lot of work but fun.

I too started out at 300 baud and upgraded every chance I had. 300 baud was a real slug.
03-26-2015 01:26 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What's up with my Intel RAID? justMongo 3 63 12-02-2016 06:29 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  RAID 1 issues justMongo 5 717 05-27-2015 09:27 AM
Last Post: AlanE