Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breaking out from mask...
Breaking out from mask...
I've been using my Resmed S9 with full face mask for about three weeks, and in the last week the bridge of my nose has been steadily getting worse... breaking out, red, etc. I keep the mask clean regularly, so maybe it's just my skin. Does anyone else have problems with breakouts with their masks, and how are you dealing with it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Breaking out from mask...
I assume you tried loosing the head staps a bit, and/or adjusting the top rest (angle it back a bit) to relieve pressure at the bridge? I put a tiny smear of cortizone cream on the sensitive spot before putting on mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put a lite coating of petroleum jelly all around my mask to get a better seal so I don't have to have the straps so tight. I also switch types masks every few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2012, 12:22 AM)Crippiter Wrote: I've been using my Resmed S9 with full face mask for about three weeks, and in the last week the bridge of my nose has been steadily getting worse... breaking out, red, etc. I keep the mask clean regularly, so maybe it's just my skin. Does anyone else have problems with breakouts with their masks, and how are you dealing with it?

Hi Crippiter,
i have also been using the s9 for approx. 6 wks.
with the quatro fx full face with no problems as you described.
Initially for 3 weeks i used the resmed nasal mask and did have the same problem with the bridge of the nose. I solved it by placing some medical tape on the effected area under the mask.
I changed to the full face because it turned out i am a mouth breather, and needed the full cover.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a full face mask and mine has an adjustable forehead position. When I first put the mask on if the forehead part is angled back just a little bit it feels quite comfortable but when I wake up the bridge of my nose is red and sore. There was too much pressure on that part of the mask. I have to keep the forehead section as straight as possible.

I get zits on my chin and just below my lips since using the mask. They're not bad but they are definitely annoying for a person who qualifies for AARP membership. I have started to wipe my face down in the morning when I first wake up and again at night before putting the mask on with hydrogen peroxide. I have dry skin and it hasn't dried my skin out at all. I guess the moisture from the humidifier is helping. I also use the hydrogen peroxide to wipe my mask if I'm not giving it a good cleaning that day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same issue. For now, I just put a small band aid on the bridge of my nose. I tried adjusting the mask to put less pressure on the bridge but then it leaks. Do a search for padacheek, they look like they might help. I'd post a link but apparently that's not allowed for common folk.

Post Reply Post Reply
I put a medical tape on the bridge of my nose. It helps though not completely.
I'll try putting petroleum jelly and see if that helps. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I've read, you should NOT use Petroleum based products with CPAP silicone face cushions. Over time, petroleum based products will degrade the silicone face cushions.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I use fabric cushions on my full-face mask. No more clogged pores and no sore nose, unless I have the straps too tight. It also reduces leakage.
Post Reply Post Reply
alice198 welcome to the forum!

Thanks for finding this post and posting yourself.
This is a wonderful place to participate with many caring people that have incredible knowledge. My treatment has improved so much and I feel so much better since I started participating.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry [CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem? Snacko 5 1,723 10-20-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,533 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,220 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,758 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,428 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,838 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.