Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New member needs help
New member needs help
Hello, everyone. I'm a long-time C-PAP user, but just found this forum a few minutes ago while trying to figure out what went wrong with my machine.

I was drifting off to sleep and my Remstar Auto A-Flex had stopped working. I've checked all the connections, and all are secure. The humidifier light and the ramp light are blinking alternately, but the control panel won't light up with any manual input at all, and it won't blow. I've tried it with 3 different electrical outlets, and nothing happens with any of them.

I rely on my C-PAP and have to get some sleep in order to work tomorrow. Do any of you night owls have any ideas about what might be causing this problem and what I might be able to do about it? The users manual is worthless.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New member needs help
Welcome aboard, alang3191

Unplug the machine, wait for a while and plug back, also check machine and humidifier connected correctly
If does not helps, try without the humidifier and if it works than you know, you need a new humidifier

For that reason, I got a spare machine , just in case
Post Reply Post Reply
Take the water tank out before moving it. You don't want to spill water into the machine.

Some people don't realize the humidifier unit comes apart from the blower unit. Be sure and disconnect the two and try it that way.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi alang3191,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully you get your CPAP machine working.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There was no message on the screen? No beeping?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, all. I sincerely do appreciate the replies. I did try unplugging it for 10 minutes or so, and plugging it back up (and I plugged it into 3 different outlets). I got nothing.

I've used a C-PAP for many years now. I broke my almost new machine while I was in the hospital in July after having my right kidney removed because of kidney cancer. I accidentally pulled the C-PAP off the bedside table and as a result, it was irreparably damaged.

The one that broke last night was the replacement machine. I tried it both with the humidifier tank in place and removed. There was nothing on the main screen except Phillips Respironics, alternating with V-235 or something similar.

My wife took it back to my DME provider today while I worked, and they couldn't figure it out, either. It just completely stopped working, so they sent me a brand new machine. Here's hoping this one has a longer life span!

Thank you all again. I'm very grateful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 136 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 495 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,023 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,558 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 998 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 456 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.