Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package
Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package
I'm looking at purchasing a travel machine.  'Ive red a lot of reviews of resmed mini and dream station GO and would probably go with the dream station if it was available, but then I saw this Breas Z2 and it's considerably cheaper.  I'm just not finding much info or reviews of it.  The ones I have read are as positive as the other two options.  I tried a search on here but it came up empty.  Anyone try this machine or know anything about this company? 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package
The dreamstation has been recalled. Many people have moved to a ResMed S10 auto.  They are smaller and many people travel with it. 

That way you have an excellent machine by at home or on the road.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah. Good info. My dream station is almost 7 years old so I’m going to check and see if I can get a new one from my insurance. I like the idea of the ResMed auto one.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed 10 isn't that large, really, and bear in mind that the Mini doesn't have an SDCard - so no data, if that's important to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently bought a Z2 for business travel since my DreamStation Go is sidelined and I suspect it won’t be replaced or repaired by Phillips anytime soon. I travel with a rollerboard and a laptop bag- no checked bags. Both the Z2 and Go fit in my laptop bag together with a mask and a slimline hose. The Z2 seems to perform about the same as the Go and runs at about the same noise level with the included muffler (louder than an AS10 but still acceptable).  The Z2 does not have an SD card but I can live without the data when traveling. The Z2 is smaller and lighter than the Go but has a separate power brick. For now, the Z2 is working for me. If you are traveling by car, taking the AS10 along in its dedicated bag is a good option.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Z1 and Z2.  The Z2 is noticeably quieter.  In fact, as quiet as the DS1 which was my main machine.  The Z2 did have some issues, primarily the data would not download to the app.  I sent two machines back and then all sources were "Out of Stock".  I think they went back to work on the firmware.  The third machine works great.

The powershell is useful but has the same old issue...the battery must be disengaged for storage or it discharges.  The old powershell can be used for the new double-sized battery with a firmware upgrade. Unfortunately you have to send it in...took about 4 weeks.  I took the Z2, powershell, large battery, and two older batteries on a canoe/camping trip and the big battery lasted 3 nights.  Note that I sleep ~5 hrs/night.  I like the Z2 quite a bit and wish they could fix the discharge issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP user for 20 years.
I just bought a Z2 and really liked it. Small and light compared to my old machine that I took for travel. But I tried it for a few minutes and it delivered way too much air flow. Although my pressure was set at 9, it felt like 12 or more. My ears really hurt and had to take it off. Slept the rest of the night with my home unit, Airsense 10. Sent the unit back to the supplier and now I have to wait for 2 - 3 months to get a replacement. I don't want to call out the supplier yet as they are going attempt to get it expedited. Needless to say, I'll pay attention to Customer Service comments in the future.
During my "test" phase, I used a 6' full size hose, the air muffler, humidifier and my Dreamwear Nasal Pillow mask.

Looking forward to getting the unit back for traveling.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally got my Z2 back.  They stated nothing was wrong and no repair.  But the weird thing is I can tell the pressure felt lower on a quick try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had my Z2 for about 1 1/2 years; it works well for me.  
I use an AirSense10 at home, and take the Z2 whenever I'm traveling.  I use the ac adapter when I can, and the (first type) battery when there's no ac.  a battery will generally last me for a full night's sleep. 
I have no experience with other travel CPAPs, so have nothing to which to compare it, but I'm very satisfied with my Z2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2023, 02:09 AM)chakl Wrote: I've had my Z2 for about 1 1/2 years; it works well for me.  
I use an AirSense10 at home, and take the Z2 whenever I'm traveling.  I use the ac adapter when I can, and the (first type) battery when there's no ac.  a battery will generally last me for a full night's sleep. 
I have no experience with other travel CPAPs, so have nothing to which to compare it, but I'm very satisfied with my Z2.

Any ideas on how to quiet the Z2?  The machine is good, just loud from air noise at the hose connection at the top of my head to the mask.  At least that's what it sounds like.  I have the muffler installed and though about buying another one to use two inline.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 305 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 624 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 671 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,727 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.