Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP
RE: New to CPAP
your minimum could be a little too low, but try not using the ramp and see how fast the pressure comes up automatically

Post Reply Post Reply
I turned ramp off last night, I don't think it was a problem. I fell asleep pretty quickly. It was also my first time wearing a soft collar all night. I had large leaks. I don't know why, but I think maybe I didn't realize it because the collar was up close to the bottom part of my mask and I didn't feel air escaping? I also had not shaved for several days. Tonight I will shave and try to prevent any leaks.

I appreciate advice from anyone on this forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
I turned ramp off last night, I don't think it was a problem. I believe I fell asleep pretty quickly. It was also my first time wearing a soft collar all night, which felt OK, but I did have large leaks. I don't know why, but I think maybe I didn't notice the leaks because the collar was up close to the bottom part of my mask and I didn't feel air escaping? I also had not shaved for several days. Tonight I will shave and try to prevent any leaks.

I appreciate everyone's advice!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I have made some changes. I have turned epr and ramp off and raised my pressures without discomfort. I am using a soft cervical collar
which I believe has helped a lot. My latest  ahi is good, but I was wondering based on my chart if I should raise my max pressure.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is trying to hit its upper pressure limit due to the flow limits and RERAs. However it's flagging less events so that's good. You're already pretty high with the pressure, so how is your current pressure making you feel with regards to aerophagia, bloating, ear popping etc? You could raise the minimum to 11 or 12.

Post Reply Post Reply
No problems with aerophagia, bloating, ear popping that I have noticed. I think I'll bump the lower limit up to 10 from 8 and see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.