Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breath Not Detected on Latest Sleephead Version
Breath Not Detected on Latest Sleephead Version
Can someone give the definition of this statistic--shown as a BND on the chart.  How accurate is this figure?  Until last night I hadn't seen any on the chart but the events breakdown often said one event.  Last night they showed up on the chart big time.  Kinda has me worried.....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Breath Not Detected on Latest Sleephead Version
It seems to be confined to Philips machine data, and I haven't seen a good reason that it occurs. This Apneaboard thread earlier this year discussed the topic and it seems the consensus was to ignore it. I continue to believe it is an unimportant anomaly in the data. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ted--16571
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
breathing not detected. (BND)
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that link, Sleeprider--I did a search and it didn't come up. The link brought up a SH report that looked almost identical to mine I figured what I was seeing couldn't be true--otherwise I might not have been seeing it! I had BND events of 4, 2 and 1 minute in a 15 minute period. I also had very low flow at the time--looks almost flat line. My pressure did not raise to max (13) at the time, but did have a non-major leak recorded (19 ). I still came out with 0.89 AHI with an astounding 41 pressure pluses recorded trying to get me to breathe!
Post Reply Post Reply
ignore it. I have had occasions where my breath was not detected for over six hours. I must be dead.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rapid Breathing-Fractured Sleep-Out of Breath Fixit50 76 3,957 01-31-2024, 01:37 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  o2ring not detected by PC goku 10 3,235 12-15-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 841 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry
  What's the latest on the connection between PTSD and OSA/UARS? TryingToGetItRight 0 396 10-08-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
  Do nasal cpap help to not breath through mouth? hejohoo 10 1,389 09-19-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Shortness of Breath - Low Oxygen level Sandyelle 3 605 07-17-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My Mother's latest chart, I try to raise max pressure but she doesn't like it: Phaleronic 9 835 06-26-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.