Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breath pattern question
RE: Breath pattern question
My guess is that the high cycle sensitivity is what is causing this issue. Set everything back to medium and let's take a look at the flow wave. It might be interesting to try high trigger sensitivity with medium cycle sensitivity and gain look at the flow. I'm as curious as anything else, and if you want to complete the experiment, try medium trigger, high cycle. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2022, 12:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: My guess is that the high cycle sensitivity is what is causing this issue. Set everything back to medium and let's take a look at the flow wave.  It might be interesting to try high trigger sensitivity with medium cycle sensitivity and gain look at the flow.  I'm as curious as anything else, and if you want to complete the experiment, try medium trigger, high cycle. Smile

Sorry for the "reply with quote" again. I know we're not really supposed to do that. Here's a couple of screenshots from last night with the mask pressure. Some of them look like the little peaks and in the other they look like they're going down instead of a peak. I'll do the medium trigger/high cycle tonight...I'm always up for a good experiment.  Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure the problem is the high cycle sensitivity. You can see that blip near the peak of IPAP as the machine seems out of sync with your breathing. Did you change Ti Min and Ti Max as well?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok....did the experiment with trigger/cycle. Still got little peaks.

Edit: Just got into settings to adjust the time...love the time change...and realized I'm an idiot. I adjusted the trigger/cycle backwards from what you said. Now I have them set correctly. Will try again tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok.. This time I've got the settings correct.

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting that there is still an expiratory pause or blip. It's really subtle. I don't know how to further address this in settings. What is strange is that your mask pressure shows a blip at the peak of inspiratory pressure, which suggests a sync problem. The appearance is that pressure support is peaking during peak expiration. Do you perceive any anomaly in the delivery of pressure? Do you have any charts from using CPAP without pressure support before you started using the Vauto?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I'm changing my guess from palatal interference to PS something or other as it seems to be responsible for both blips:

[Image: V1QS0fL.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
IOWs, PS is maintained through much of exhalation.  Guess it's not a bad idea when you think about it...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2022, 08:06 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Interesting that there is still an expiratory pause or blip. It's really subtle. I don't know how to further address this in settings. What is strange is that your mask pressure shows a blip at the peak of inspiratory pressure, which suggests a sync problem. The appearance is that pressure support is peaking during peak expiration. Do you perceive any anomaly in the delivery of pressure? Do you have any charts from using CPAP without pressure support before you started using the Vauto?

The vAuto is my first machine ever. I've only been using it about 2 months. I've never used cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
David, you can see that Rubicon's zoom of the chart compares the timing of respiratory flow and pressure support. There is something really wrong with the timing of your machine that it seems to be providing pressure support during expiration and EPAP pressure during inspiration.  Clearly that is backwards from the expectation. I know this is not going to be much fun, but I think you should experiment with CPAP pressure (zero pressure support) to see if this expiratory blip goes away. It doesn't need to be the full night, but a sample will show what happens.  Did you source your machine from a place that can offer warranty support?

[Image: V1QS0fL.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,670 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  Rapid Breathing-Fractured Sleep-Out of Breath Fixit50 76 4,017 01-31-2024, 01:37 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Symptoms] Palate prolapse breathing pattern ? zaienk 22 1,696 01-18-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Breathing pattern identification, Flow limitations and posture SingleH 95 6,663 12-28-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] central apnea breathing pattern Eightadayorbust 6 609 10-26-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  What is this pattern? danylam 4 452 10-23-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 848 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.