Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breath pattern question
RE: Breath pattern question
Here is an image of my Vauto chart showing the flow rate and mask pressure in zoom.  I have drawn a vertical line where the flow-rate crosses the zero flow to show the relationship of mask pressure to flow rate at that critical moment.  Can you attempt to do a similar chart and drawing for comparison?  Notice that the peak of mask pressure very closely coincides with the crossover, and mask pressure drops sharply into expiration. Your chart appears to have a peak at crossover, but IPAP pressure continues to where that blip in flow rate occurs. This suggests the respiratory anomaly is caused by a fault in the machine syncing EPAP.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40765]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kinda seems like the total opposite of EPR when you think about it.

Yet, I'm wondering if in certain cases it might not be a bad idea.

Gotta think about it some more...
Post Reply Post Reply
OTOH this could be the beginning of a major recall..
Post Reply Post Reply
I might should say that the breathing pattern doesn't look like that for the entire night. It does it pretty much every night that I've been checking since I noticed it but it doesn't do it for the entire night, however, it does do it more than just once a night. I can't tell there's anything "off" with the machine as far as delivering pressure but then again this is my first experience with pap so I don't really know what it 'should' feel like. The numbers seem to look pretty good so I guess it's doing something right.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2022, 10:20 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: ...it seems to be providing pressure support during expiration and EPAP pressure during inspiration.  

I think inspiration is OK, in that PS is applied appropriately throughout   However, it doesn't turn off until about a third through expiration.  See box #1:

[Image: M7cqVHp.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it may be related to force/speed of exhalation.  Put up a shot when it isn't doing it so that the downslope of inspiration can be eyeballed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think this is close to what you were asking for...I hope.  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah that's a great sample, but you still got that plateau on the pressure waveform and the echo (extra pulse) is even more pronounced.

I think you need to call up ResMed and tell them your PS is malfunctioning. They may ask for a copy of the file.
Post Reply Post Reply
That graph shows the same thing we were talking about before. If the line was vertical, then as you reach the I:E crossover, the machine is still providing IPAP pressure. When it cycles, we see that little blip in expiration, about the time the EPAP should be at its nadir.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was writing my reply when Rubicon posted. Your machine is malfunctioning. We can't fix it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 53 2,883 02-18-2024, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Ynot
  Rapid Breathing-Fractured Sleep-Out of Breath Fixit50 76 4,230 01-31-2024, 01:37 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Symptoms] Palate prolapse breathing pattern ? zaienk 22 1,869 01-18-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Breathing pattern identification, Flow limitations and posture SingleH 95 6,895 12-28-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] central apnea breathing pattern Eightadayorbust 6 648 10-26-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  What is this pattern? danylam 4 471 10-23-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 904 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.