Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breathe cool air
RE: Breathe cool air
Remove the humidifier and you,ll be breathing room air
Ice cubes from distilled water, perhaps
Everyone is different, breathing icy cold air all night makes my nose run all day Blowing-nose
Post Reply Post Reply
I am clicking on EDIT in one of my messages to repair a misspell and nothing happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2014, 04:46 PM)jcarerra Wrote: I am clicking on EDIT in one of my messages to repair a misspell and nothing happens.
When you click on EDIT, you get two options: Quick Edit and Full Edit, click again on Full Edit
Post Reply Post Reply
my air is to cool how can I warn it up with out a heated hose?
Post Reply Post Reply
Tap water has ALWAYS worked just fine for me so *I* would be completely unconcerned about water from the ice maker (or snow off the roof for that matter if you didn't live in FL Smile )

A couple of ideas from my Polar Ice Cold Therapy machine(s) I used during recovery from my recent total knee replacements:

1) Freeze water in tupperware (a container small enough to fit in the compartment).

2) Freeze small bottle(s) of water. Not sure if a SMALL soda style bottle of water will fit in machine but you can surely find something small enough.

Tupperware will likely allow you to find something flatter, shaped more like the compartment. Water bottles are great because you just refreeze them for next time (or rotate a couple of sets so that one of them is always frozen.)

These work MUCH, MUCH better in the cold therapy machines and likely will last much longer (perhaps not all night) than just ice cubes.

Also consider, a little ice chest or insulated bag for next to the bed to hold a couple of sets of the custom ice containers above.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2014, 12:45 PM)rml313 Wrote: my air is to cool how can I warn it up with out a heated hose?

Try a hose wrap/cover available from many online stores where cpap supplies are sold.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you I will
Post Reply Post Reply
I won't be carrying a jug of distilled water with me when I travel. It will have to be tap water. I don't think it will hurt for a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
To the person who wanted cool air, how about putting those frozen plastic shaped cubes they sell at stores to cool drink without diluting? Then you wouldn't have to worry about it being non-distilled water and float them in your distilled water?

That said they may not stay that cold that long.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jcarerra,
I have the opposite problem living in a colder climate. Until I got a heated hose, I was constantly breathing in cold air even with a heated humidifier, which made me crazy. I always run a room size humidifier to try and bring the humidity level up, so with you being in Florida and the high humidity, wouldn't it seem logical to run your air conditioner more to dry up the room humidity. I believe the CPAP machine measures the room air and would then allow you to breath cooler air.
Don't know for sure.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  N20 mask: waking up unable to breathe acordeon 1 295 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 108 8,980 12-30-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: vgrando
  Breathe Right Strips and Central Apneas TiredTom111 10 1,245 12-26-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: punkrockcholo
  Woke up with a stuffy nose for the last two nights,couldnt breathe.Suggestions? vrapche031 8 2,081 10-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: JoeP
  Source for anataomy illustration of how we breathe nose only for CPAP? Stom 0 318 09-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Stom
  Just got my machine - can’t breathe - any suggestions? tigress35 5 1,022 08-14-2023, 09:12 PM
Last Post: tigress35
  Waking up and unable to breathe easily stefanwlb 4 850 07-14-2023, 07:58 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.