Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breathing/Mask Questions
Breathing/Mask Questions

So, when I look at my breathing it only loosely resembles a sine wave. To me, it appears misshapen, uneven in volume, and generally shallow. It also appears to me that my nose pillow mask is leaking more than it should be, and might be causing much of my snoring. Looks like I'll be waiting awhile for my replacement CPAP so I'm trying to learn a bit while I'm waiting.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Breathing/Mask Questions
(09-13-2018, 12:44 PM)anonEmouse2004 Wrote: So, when I look at my breathing it only loosely resembles a sine wave. To me, it appears misshapen, uneven in volume, and generally shallow. It also appears to me that my nose pillow mask is leaking more than it should be, and might be causing much of my snoring. Looks like I'll be waiting awhile for my replacement CPAP so I'm trying to learn a bit while I'm waiting.

Turn off the VS2 flags they are not real snores we don’t have a clear picture on what they really mean. Also your leaks look great. I would not be worried about your flow graph
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I will. The squiggly shape of my breathing doesn't mean anything?
Post Reply Post Reply
Normal...

Different machine, so the waveforms don't look the same, but you can see that they are not sinusoidal.

-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Gotcha. Even though I've been using a CPAP for 10-years or so I just started with SleepyHead to look at the data. It will take awhile to make sense of the data even referencing the wiki. Of course, my tendency is to over-think things anyway. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I was told VS2 can pick up most noises close to it. (possibly through vibrations) I did a test one day after I had a large amount of snores on VS2. My hose is over my headboard and the sound of it dragging when I turn over could vibrate like a snore. The next night I kept it off my headboard and NO VS2's. I am also told it could pick up your partners snoring or even the dog if it's in the bed. The dragging hose convinced me so I turned it off.

I'm not sure if it's true but it sounds reasonable so that's good enough for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 376 10 hours ago
Last Post: Matsu1
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,576 04-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  EPR questions juniper 5 198 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 178 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 298 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 359 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 357 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.