Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breathing Not Detected
Breathing Not Detected
I had 3 mins 30 secs last night of "breathing not detected". Assuming i wasnt dead what does this mean?

JOhn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Breathing Not Detected
I don't know what it means either but I have had occasions where my breathing was not detected for 6 hours.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I've also seen this on my graphs, but for less than 30 seconds.  I would think that a CA would be flagged if we were not breathing for that lenth of time.    Sad

Also, just noticed that we all use a Phillips Respironics machine.  Could just be a bug of some sort.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
BND is not available on Resmed charts or summaries. Has anyone ever confirmed this is something that can be seen in Encore? I suspect it is a bug or meaningless data distraction point that should be unchecked in Sleepyhead so it doesn't show up.

We have heard of this showing up in statistics with a negative number, which is likely an error http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-detected . In another case, where it is charted, it is preceded by a sudden pressure drop like in the image below. I am tempted to conclude this is a data error with Respironics, and not something to be concerned with.

[Image: MNxNE8Q.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If experts like Robysue and Sleeprider attribute this to a bug i am conent to ignore and as Sleeprider advises turning it off.

Thanks

Johnboy
Post Reply Post Reply
Ooops i meant OpalRose

Sorry
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 8f2516a8-c6c1-496b-8053-5c6eb4c85efd_zpsnz0b03pc.png]

I've had a handful of these BND on SleepyHead, but have not seen this in Encore Basic. 
I just choose to ignore it.  Eat-popcorn

Sorry for the blurry image. For some unknown reason, couldn't get imgur to work, so tried photobucket, which I'm not a fan of.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 27 605 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 127 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 141 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 486 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 352 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 213 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 481 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.