Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breathing not Detected and Discrepancy in AHI on Oscar and Machine
Breathing not Detected and Discrepancy in AHI on Oscar and Machine
A whopping 23.3% of my sleep last night is showing as "Breathing Not Detected" on Oscar. 

What does this mean and should I be worried? The machine seemed to work perfectly all night as far I could remember.

Also, the AHI displayed on my Philip Respironics Dreamstation Machine is 8.7 while the AHI showing on Oscar is 3.7. This is fourth time of this happening.

Which one is more accurate?

I bought the Philip Respironics Dreamstation about 3 months ago so should still be under warranty.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Breathing not Detected and Discrepancy in AHI on Oscar and Machine
I suspect an SD card error. Possibly an SD card reader or writer error.
troubleshooting.
do you have another machine you can read the SD card from?
Post Reply Post Reply
On another forum we'd discussed DreamStation's and BND/breathing not detected. My take was BND is body not detected.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It strikes me odd that pressures was recorded throughout not the other parameters, EPAP, Leaks, Events, were not. thus the thought of a hardware failure dealing with the SD card.
OSCAR I am 100% sure, reported what it read, and did so accurately. But to me it looks like data is missing, the question is why?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2021, 03:08 PM)Gideon Wrote: I suspect an SD card error.  Possibly an SD card reader or writer error.
troubleshooting.
do you have another machine you can read the SD card from?

Unfortunately I don't have another machine to read the SD Card from until the weekend.

However, I do have Dreammapper app installed on my phone, and I having the same AHI number as Oscar.

As the Dreammapper data is transferred through Bluetooth from the machine, I am inclined to believe that it is the machine showing inaccurate information.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,130 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 117 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  AHI Discrepancy w/ AirSense 10 AS and WatchPat Sleep Study TheProphetofLies 6 345 02-26-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 385 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.