Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brevida Gel Mask Torn
Brevida Gel Mask Torn
Hello All
Have been using the FP Brevida with GREAT success and comfort for 8 months. PTL.
I wash it regularly and follow instructions for removing from frame etc. Yesterday I washed it and placed it on a towel to dry when I went to bed it was leaking like crazy. Turning on the lights, getting up and out of bed, I discovered that the mask has a half inch tear under the left nasal. 
Anyone else had this happen? Asking to find out if it is a problem for the mask/company or will just end up being "my problem".
thanks all
Deb
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Brevida Gel Mask Torn
I haven't heard of a problem with the Brevida pillows. They all need to be replaced from time to time. How old was the pillow mask cushion?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've used my Brevida for 16 months now without any problems. However, I don't wash it as often as you do.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The pillow/mask is only 8 months old!
Post Reply Post Reply
A lot of places say that you should replace the cushion every 3 months... Some places say 6 months, and some say a year...  I would have likely replaced it by then... May have caught it on something.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,856 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 393 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 5 3,328 09-13-2023, 09:26 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Nasal Pillow Sizing F&P Brevida Columbiabill 0 478 09-09-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,673 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,049 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,336 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.