Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brevida mask with P10 headgear?
Brevida mask with P10 headgear?
I love the P10, and would love to make it work.  But I'm thinking I can't make it work for me.

So the next mask I prefer is the Brevida.  But the headgear doesn't stay in place  

I'd like to put the P10 headgear on the Brevida mask.  Before I go destroy my Brevida frame to try to do this experiment, I thought I'd ask here.

Have any of you been successful in modifying the Brevida frame to use the P10 headgear?  If so, could you please share what you did?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Brevida mask with P10 headgear?
Hydrangea:
I read your request & thought I'd give it a try. (P10 headgear on Brevida mask)

1- Take out the 2 attachment clips from the Brevida headgear.
2- P10 gear: Cut a little hole on the blue side- Extend the slot (grey side)1/4 inch so you can enter the clip inside the band.
3- Sew both sides tight so the clips won't slide out when you put tension on the gear. Attach to the mask - all done - 20min.

I did the opposite (Brevida gear on a P10 mask to have more adjustment) so I figure this was doable. If the adjustment is not right you can always cut & extend the gear or use the clips provided with the P10 to tighten --- if this works for you. I've tried it last night & it's ok for me.

If it doesn't work, just undo & rebuild your Brevida gear. No lost.

Hopefully, this can help you!

sb.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I am totally right with you, the Brevida band is a cheap and bad headgear.
Sorry this is not with a P10... only a Swift FX.
This a former post I did today.

Over my 8 CPAP years, I tried many mask as P10 and Swift FX. 

Even if I am a man, I use Small Lady sizes and a little nose have less surface and width to stabilize the mask.

Since 4 years I stick to Swift FX but recently discover the Brevida.  4 years ago I designed a 3D mask where the nose is 3D scanned and mask printed for the individual shape.  Because of the complex steps, scan, design, print I stopped the project... my others was easier to success.

BUT the Brevida is quite identical to my design and I bought a Small-XS.  I am in the first week of test and the leaks are 3 times those of my Swift FX, the AIH is a bit higher 2.5-3, but this is a start.  I am sure if I continue to find a good adjustment it will be good.

My critics on the Brevida...
1 - We must use the outlet filter because of the noise but it is too dense, increases the restriction and makes it difficult to expel air causing in my opinion more leaks

2 - Stiffer mask tube than Resmed Swift FX therefore increases the forces to cause mask displacement and leaks.  I tried to replace the mask tube with the Swift FX one but sizes don't match... Will need to design and 3D print an adaptor  Ha Ha

3 - Head band with low control of positioning, no band on top and back like the Swift FX has... Actually I am modifying the head band of the Brevida with that of the Swift FX and I will post my success.

Post Reply Post Reply
fwiw, you can use the Fisher & Paykel Pilairo Q headgear with the Brevida, with slight modifications to use the Brevida clips instead of the Pilairo clips (which don't attach to the Brevida mask securely).

I tried the Pilairo headgear for a while but went back to the standard Brevida headgear, as it felt overall lighter. At least the Brevida headgear doesn't stretch so much like the P10 headgear does.

The headgear I would like to see on the Brevida is the one on the Evora nasal mask. That is a very comfortable headgear. But that headgear is part of the mask, so I didn't see any easy way to adapt it.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2022, 03:09 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: fwiw, you can use the Fisher & Paykel Pilairo Q headgear with the Brevida, with slight modifications to use the Brevida clips instead of the Pilairo clips (which don't attach to the Brevida mask securely).

I tried the Pilairo headgear for a while but went back to the standard Brevida headgear, as it felt overall lighter. At least the Brevida headgear doesn't stretch so much like the P10 headgear does.

The headgear I would like to see on the Brevida is the one on the Evora nasal mask. That is a very comfortable headgear. But that headgear is part of the mask, so I didn't see any easy way to adapt it.

You are totally in line with my actual toughts.
The Swift + Brevida headgear I did is temporary.
Last night I found the good adjustments and it worked very well.  Comfortable (very good for such a home made headgear), very low leaks, a good night.

So when I will receive my Evora Headgear and make the modification I will post.

Post Reply Post Reply
I happened to look at the difference between the two headgear designs and noticed that the Pilairo headgear was $10 USD cheaper, even though it is a more substantial design. One of those "Go figure!" moments.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those headgear like the Brevida where the two band in the back of the head have to be forced and stretched to "open" to top and back is not good, because natural spring back even of a soft fabric will reassemble them  and loose stability.

Design like the Swift FX and better the Evora are best because the good position is given with the manufacturing of the shape and give a better positionning all night.

Cut the Evora headgear and fix the folded ends to the Brevida hook in an easy task, and the large "forward-back" adusting capacity will come from the back head band at the same time the top band will keep the right level.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has I mentionned in en earlier answer to your thread, I am on the way to install a EVORA headgear on a Brevida.
I can't compare with the P10 one but think the Evora is on the same way to fix... also like the Swift Nano one.
See my thread with the keywords "Brevida Evora".

Actually after 3 nights I am very comfortable and better to come.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,819 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 281 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 486 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 385 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 371 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 531 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 451 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.