Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brevida mask with Resmed A10
RE: Brevida mask with Resmed A10
2 opinions are not worth the same. From engineering standpoint, its poor design.
Post Reply Post Reply
bernie, It looks like the problem is mouth leaks. You might want to try either a chin strap or a soft cervical collar to help keep your jaw closed at night.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Walla Walla,
thanks, but I have a hard time accepting it is just mouth leaks because I used the same brand of mask/machine for over 3 weeks with NEGLIBLE leaks, then with the new mask/machine leaks immediately jump to 5% or so. I find that the straps tend to bunch together and then either move up my head or down to my ears but don't recall them doing that so much with the hire gear. Are there different size straps available for the Brevida? I didn't think so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just the one size on the headgear.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The drawback I experienced with this mask was the traumatic pain it generates by widening the nasal alveoli for 8 hours, four days I endured.

I went back to using my old all-silicone nasal mask
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Brevida mask for a few nights but the mask frame is just too large for me. My DME said mask clips might help to shorten the straps but I haven't tried them. I have a problem with the masks where the connector hose doesn't disconnect from the cushion--makes it hard to breath if you shut off the machine and head to the bathroom. I always go back to my Wisp.
Post Reply Post Reply
After a while testing and properly placing the pads in the nostrils the result is optimal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 486 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,660 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 507 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 357 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,484 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,101 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.