Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Broke my mask
Broke my mask
Well, I finally broke my mask. Or more precisely, finished it off. Resmed Mirage FX nasal mask. One of the lower soft (silicone?) hooks on the frame finally P*ssed me off to the point I went ahead and ripped it off.

For about a month, the lower strap kept coming off the frame when I removed the mask. The hook was partially torn loose, but it worked once the mask was on . Never had it come off while wearing it. Well, I got tired of messing with it and went ahead and decided to trash it and pull out an older frame and just use it.

I do not normally remove the straps to don/doff the mask - I just pull it on/off. Has worked well for over a decade so I don't plan on changing anything. Side note: only tried/used two masks ever- the Mirage FX since probably 2011 and the Respironics Comfort Classic before that.

It just seemed kind of weird to have that frame as a point of failure. I would have thought it pretty bullet proof before this.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Broke my mask
How many "years" did you use your mask? Time to upgrade?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nah. No need to "upgrade"? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, **this** particular frame broke, but I have more than a couple surplus frames that are perfectly serviceable. I have never been as fussy as some folks WRT masks. This design is comfortable and functionally fine from a therapy standpoint. Supine, dorsal, or side sleeping positions.

That particular frame was about a year old. I have a few more that I rotated in/out over the years before that.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 12:43 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Nah. No need to "upgrade"? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, **this** particular frame broke, but I have more than a couple surplus frames that are perfectly serviceable. I have never been as fussy as some folks WRT masks. This design is comfortable and functionally fine from a therapy standpoint. Supine, dorsal, or side sleeping positions.

That particular frame was about a year old. I have a few more that I rotated in/out over the years before that.

OMMOHY

Oh, that makes sense. When I read your post, I thought you were using the same mask for a few years. Cool
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 11:42 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Well, I finally broke my mask. Or more precisely, finished it off. Resmed Mirage FX nasal mask. One of the lower soft (silicone?) hooks on the frame finally P*ssed me off to the point I went ahead and ripped it off.

For about a month, the lower strap kept coming off the frame when I removed the mask. The hook was partially torn loose, but it worked once the mask was on . Never had it come off while wearing it. Well, I got tired of messing with it and went ahead and decided to trash it and pull out an older frame and just use it.

I do not normally remove the straps to don/doff the mask - I just pull it on/off. Has worked well for over a decade so I don't plan on changing anything. Side note: only tried/used two masks ever- the Mirage FX since probably 2011 and the Respironics Comfort Classic before that.

It just seemed kind of weird to have that frame as a point of failure. I would have thought it pretty bullet proof before this.

OMMOHY

Made in China, enough said
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 03:00 PM)I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: Made in China, enough said
Most things are made in China these days, from low ends to high ends , they got it covered
The packaging of my mask say 'Made in Australia' but I get from US at much lower price. It goes all the way from Australia to US and then flown back to Australia and works out cheaper even with adding shipping costs and currency conversion
Amazing

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 03:13 PM)zonk Wrote: Most things are made in China these days, from low ends to high ends , they got it covered
The packaging of my mask say 'Made in Australia' but I get from US at much lower price. It goes all the way from Australia to US and then flown back to Australia and works out cheaper even with adding shipping costs and currency conversion
Amazing

Now that's truly sad. Shouldn't work that way. Same with things up here in Canada. I buy beer/liquor brewed/distilled in Canada and buy it cheaper in the US.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question My CMS50I Broke Brewskie 8 292 01-10-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Brewskie
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,211 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  mask broke jammer521 3 1,443 12-24-2020, 02:12 AM
Last Post: jammer521
  I did something really stupid and I think I broke my machine cbcbcbcb 22 3,553 03-19-2020, 12:24 PM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.