Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Broken GL VS OpenGL
Broken GL VS OpenGL
What is the Difference?
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Broken GL VS OpenGL
From a hardware or software standpoint, it's a matter of how up-to-date and complete your system's OpenGL graphics system is.
From the user's viewpoint, if your OpenGL is broken or missing, you may get a message from SleepyHead telling you that. Or, if you, like me, have 6+ years old (really?) computer and video hardware, the text in the Daily Charts will be blocky and unreadable. It will be easy to tell that you need the BrokenGL version.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use both, and for me there is no visual or speed differences using Sleepyhead. There are programs that support 3D that definitely make bigger demands on the video system and require open GL. FWIW, I kind of wish Mark had just distributed Broken GL as it works on more computers and the Open GL generates the majority of problems we deal with to support new users.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks they seem to run the same on my laptop
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
In terms of SleepyHead, it's better if you can use the OpenGL version. The OpenGL works better when it works, but may fail to run on some computers. Sometimes, SH will refuse to run and tell you to run the BrokenGL version.

If I recall correctly, the version of the software packages Mark used to generate the latest version of SleepyHead required a more recent version of OpenGL. Some computers either won't run the necessary version of GL, or don't have the correct version installed, so Mark made a "BrokenGL" version of SleepyHead. The "BrokenGL" version may have some problems or drawbacks, but it runs on some computers that the "OpenGL" version won't.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need broken GL Lanco 1 1,034 05-30-2019, 04:12 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Gross SleepyHead requires OpenGL 2.0 Nitschke 6 2,269 11-26-2017, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleepyhead Broken GL link? skylark 2 4,001 10-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Last Post: skylark
  Problem with sleepyhead broken GL Lanco 3 1,808 07-06-2017, 09:12 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  SleepyHead Broken GL kr7hr8 3 1,797 04-28-2017, 12:27 AM
Last Post: TBMx
  Sleepyhead broken gl E.W. 3 3,757 02-07-2017, 11:20 PM
Last Post: E.W.
  Sleephead broken Gl version ? jpoker 2 2,063 09-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: GoodnightWalter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.