Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Broken Machine?
Question 
Broken Machine?
Been having trouble with "the machine". A ResMed Autosense 10. Have had it 5 years. I noticed the data from previous nights sleep was not right as far as I could tell. Called the DME and they sold me new supplies. Didn't work. Gave the DME the SmartCard from the machine. They sent my doctor some strange stuff: a graph but compressed and unreadable. Gave the SmartCard to doctor and their answer was "the machine's broken".
How does one tell if the machine is broken? Except for obvious broken things the SmartCard is all there is.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Broken Machine?
"Broken" can mean so many different things! Some complaints are pressure problems (too little, too much), motor noises, many short sessions, etc.

OSCAR might give a clue. Post a screenshot of the OSCAR Daily page and any other page that looks weird.

Insurance usually considers 5 yr to be the expected life (although machines may last much longer) and I expect would replace a "broken" machine at that age.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Obviously it's broken because the doctor couldn't directly read it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the only "trouble" the bad/unreadable data on the SD card? If so, you might try a new SD card and see if data written to it is also problematic. Intermittent write failures on a worn SD could cause some strange looking results -- though it's more likely to just stop working entirely. Put a new SD in for a night, then see what it looks like on Oscar or have your DME try to read it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,191 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 335 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15
  Climateline heated hose - broken or bad connection Wondering2 0 955 12-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,796 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  Resvent iBreeze glitching/broken? Frankensteins Bride 2 2,794 07-04-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Frankensteins Bride
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken? WWu777 16 1,921 12-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: WWu777

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.