I've been using this machine for about 4 years now. Honestly it is an important part of my well being. It really works.
Sadly my machine stopped working the other night. It's a ResMed VPAP 25 and during the night it started blowing air really strongly and then stopped working. The air pressure woke me up and the mask was ballooning.
I have an error 1018. I'd read that a hair dryer stream might help and tried that with no luck.
So I called my local Sleep Health Center, where I got the machine, and they have gone out of business. I called ResMed and they gave me the name of another company, and their number was disconnected... DOH!
So basically I'm wondering the following:
- Any tips for fixing it myself?
- What is the cost to repair these devices?
- Any good vendors in Massachusetts to deal with?
- Will health insurance generally pay for the repair of medically necessary equipment?
- Should I just bit the bullet and buy a new one, and if so where?
Thank you so much.
Rich from Massachusetts