Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Broken Wisp
Broken Wisp
Last night one of the snaps on my Philips Respironics Wisp mask disintegrated. I patched it together with a safety pin. The first thing I noticed about the Wisp when I got it in late January was that the snaps are really hard to use and felt flimsy. I see I was right.

Does anyone know if there is a warranty on masks?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Broken Wisp
Hi JJJ,
That's a bummer.
I thought there was a warranty on them, 30-day or something like that.
You could call the DME where you got it and ask them what to do, I sure hope they will make it right for you since it is a new product.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2013, 11:34 PM)JJJ Wrote: Last night one of the snaps on my Philips Respironics Wisp mask disintegrated. I patched it together with a safety pin. The first thing I noticed about the Wisp when I got it in late January was that the snaps are really hard to use and felt flimsy. I see I was right.

Does anyone know if there is a warranty on masks?

in my Wisp package, the documentation says the warranty is 90 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
JJJ, let us know what the outcome is?
Post Reply Post Reply
That 's great if it is a 90-day warranty, that way, hopefully, you could get a new mask.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you'll need a small emergency backup mask.

=o.O=
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Knowing that the warranty is 90 days I took it to my DME today. I asked if the warranty was from Philips Respironics or from the DME. The nice lady (who recognized me and even remembered my name) said that the warranty was through the DME, and then went into the back room to call Philips Respironics. When she came back she told me that the Philips Respironics folks told her to go ahead and give me a new mask at no charge and to pick up the broken one and return it to them.

Then she said that the Philips Respironics people told her that some of the early Wisp masks went out with bad fabric. The problem has been resolved, so hopefully my replacement will not break.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I like to see. A happy support story!

=^.^=

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
It's GREAT to hear that you had such positive results. Hopefully, you got one of the later models, the newer and improved ones.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
ok jjj that does it,you give me your DME and i will give you mine

Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 335 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,554 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Climateline heated hose - broken or bad connection Wondering2 0 952 12-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  WISP Nasal Mask users Gus Wah 5 837 07-23-2022, 10:53 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Resvent iBreeze glitching/broken? Frankensteins Bride 2 2,794 07-04-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Frankensteins Bride
  Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken? WWu777 16 1,919 12-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: WWu777
  N30 Headgear Strap Broken silversnore 2 1,069 12-07-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.