Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: mirage micro
Humidifier: yes
CPAP Pressure: 11 (humidity =4 )
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: Broken cpap machine AGAIN - what to do
I actually took it to another doctor and he confirmed its okay. Apparently there is something called EPR which sets the pressure lower. So my first dme said machine is broken since pressure was lower than what was set. The other doctor called resmed and worked with them and said machine is not bad.
I am hoping the other doctor's technician knows what he is doing !
03-01-2014 12:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(03-01-2014 12:18 AM)roym Wrote:  I actually took it to another doctor and he confirmed its okay. Apparently there is something called EPR which sets the pressure lower. So my first dme said machine is broken since pressure was lower than what was set. The other doctor called resmed and worked with them and said machine is not bad.
I am hoping the other doctor's technician knows what he is doing !
If the DME did pressure test with a manometer and found the machine not delivering what suppose to deliver than the machine is faulty ... period. ResMed should replace the machine with no questions asked even its out of the warranty, I expect my machine to last more than 3 years.
They trying to weasel out of their responsibility, EPR stuff is utter nonsense
03-01-2014 01:13 AM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Let's think about this for a minute... Your first DME wanted $400.00 because a pin on the power supply cable was broken. Then, when they didn't get that because you got the power supply cable fixed another way, they determined your machine wasn't working right and you needed to buy a new machine.

Hmmm, I think I know your DME.. Aren't they the ones that share an office with a used car company?
03-01-2014 01:22 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
JWR Offline

Monitors

Machine: DreamStation DSX700 , PR 760 bipap auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed mirage FX
Humidifier: DreamStation DSXH , system one
CPAP Pressure: min EPAP = 17.5max IPAP = 21
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(03-01-2014 01:22 AM)retired_guy Wrote:  Let's think about this for a minute... Your first DME wanted $400.00 because a pin on the power supply cable was broken. Then, when they didn't get that because you got the power supply cable fixed another way, they determined your machine wasn't working right and you needed to buy a new machine.

Hmmm, I think I know your DME.. Aren't they the ones that share an office with a used car company?

None of the dme around me even know what a manometer is let alone know how to use one , but they sure do know how to sell you a new machine . I love the guy that has a quote on here [ If the dme tells you its dark outside , go check . ] For the most part the dme cpap industry is all about making Big money selling a $500 machine for $2000. - $3000 for a brick ..I'm sorry I have No trust with dme's , They keep proving this to us .. Gota Love our online Suppliers on this site . you know there not giving machines away , but there also not ripping us off either
Hammer.

03-01-2014 09:04 AM
mjbearit Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: REMstar Auto AFlex DS550
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: RESMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Heated humidifier - 2
CPAP Pressure: 12.5-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Hey Roym, just as an FYI on this, I was just flipping through the different suppliers listed in our Supplier Listing to try and remember where I had purchased the last hose I bought. Never did find that, but along the way I found power cords for all the usual popular machines, ResMed, PR, all those. The prices varied based on the company and to a smaller extent the machine, but I was seeing replacement power cords (including the transformer) for anywhere from $59.00 to $159.00. I don't get how that guy was going to charge you $400! Now in all fairness, I did see a cord for a Bi-PAP that was more expensive, but according to your profile you are not running a Bi-PAP so I really don't get it! If it were me, I would find a different DME or at least a different technician in that shop. At the very least shop around for cords, go back to him and let him know you are on to him so that he quits trying to rip you off! Just my thoughts!
Good luck,
Mike

As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
03-01-2014 03:25 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Use CPAP machine to get a new baseline AHI? blueelement2016 5 326 11-12-2016 01:37 AM
Last Post: blueelement2016
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 broken on-off switch koshari 12 1,112 11-07-2016 05:19 PM
Last Post: Insomniac II
  New CPAP Machine cerenkov 3 292 10-28-2016 08:43 PM
Last Post: cerenkov
  [Pressure] Adjusting pressure on RESmart CPAP machine garyd86421 5 428 10-20-2016 10:32 AM
Last Post: garyd86421
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 5,979 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  [CPAP] Service Required Error Codes - Inner Workings of a CPAP machine SuperSleeper 18 65,082 10-10-2016 01:48 PM
Last Post: juan345
  CPAP Machine Release Cycles DevChuck 5 345 10-10-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: PoolQ