Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buckwheat Hull Pillow Size Preference?
Buckwheat Hull Pillow Size Preference?
Considering a buckwheat hull pillow. Traditionally since our bed is queen sized, I've typically bought queen size pillows. Of the buckwheat pillows I've looked at, 15"x20" or so seems common and weigh about 4-5 pounds. A larger queen size is up to about 10 pounds I think and I am also thinking it may be a bit on the heavy side to move around for comfort if needed. Is there any opinion on size for buckwheat pillows that a smaller (15"x20") is a size that one can get use to coming from a larger pillow?
Besides size anything else to consider (already looking at cases with zippers to add or remove fill)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buckwheat Hull Pillow Size Preference?
I like the smaller size. Since I use a nasal mask, I hang my nose over the end of the pillow. I’m a side sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
Be careful where you buy it. 
Go to the Pinetales web site. There is a wealth of information there. It’s a must read before buying a buckwheat pillow. 

I have the regular size, it’s plenty big and very moldable. And, yes, plan to remove some of the buckwheat. It’s my pillow of choice.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a 14" x 20" buckwheat pillow from Amazon. Works well for me. I used to use a standard size "regular" pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Per my experience, it isn't the size that is critical, it's the loft (height). Thankfully, you can adjust the height by removing a portion of the filling. I now alternate between a buckwheat pillow and a MyPillow -- both with filling removed to provide a 2-inch height which works best for me.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,865 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.