Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Buckwheat! [pillow helps]
Buckwheat! [pillow helps]
I have been hovering about the 0.6 AHI for the early part of this year, but was experiencing pain between my shoulder blades.

Working on sleep hygiene, I changed pillows several times with varying results (thickness, support).

6 weeks ago I started using a Buckwheat pillow that I have not used in a decade, wonders, no more pain and my AHI has now over the past 3 weeks been 0.0, with 2 nights a week apart of .12 and .25..

I am real happy with the current level of treatment (self adjusted), and now super happy with the painless, low AHI.

Thanks to the information I have gleaned from this forum, and SH..

...  Philip
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buckwheat!
Congratulations
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats in the low AHI numbers. Buckwheat pillow huh. It's in my list to get one as soon as disability is approved.

Just a typical buckwheat?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi aquanaut20,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your numbers, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2017, 05:42 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Congrats in the low AHI numbers. Buckwheat pillow huh. It's in my list to get one as soon as disability is approved.

Just a typical buckwheat?

Commercial Link Removed, instead search Bed, Bath and Beyond for Sobakawa Buck Pillow.

...  Philip

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a gusseted buckwheat pillow. It it seems to easier to form when changing positions than a standard style pillow, especially when side sleeping.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reminder!

The buckwheat pillow is better at molding around my head without disturbing the mask. Much improved comfort last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 05:37 AM)pupcamper Wrote: I use a gusseted buckwheat pillow. It it seems to easier to form when changing positions than a standard style pillow, especially when side sleeping.

Pupcamper, who makes gusseted buckwheat pillows?  I searched but couldn't find any online.  Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
A gusseted pillow has rectangular panels along all four sides that increase its thickness. It's made by several companies. Just search the internet for buckwheat pillows and you'll find them.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 09:50 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: A gusseted pillow has rectangular panels along all four sides that increase its thickness. It's made by several companies. Just search the internet for buckwheat pillows and you'll find them.

Walla Walla is correct. The extra thickness gives me much better support while sleeping on my side and can still be formed to work well when I'm on my back. The pillow I use is a Premium Viscose with bamboo fabric and buckwheat fill made by Pur-Sleep, Inc. I bought it on Amazon. They still have it listed.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,721 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 233 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 433 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 331 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 383 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 646 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  CPAP Pillow danylam 1 407 11-27-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.