Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

A couple more results
A couple more results
With regards to my first couple of results I posted,it was suggested that I up my start off pressure to 7 as opposed to 4.I am comfortable with the mask when I go to sleep and all seems well,on the whole most nights have been only a couple of hours at most before the pressure in the mask becomes too much and just leaks out from all edges.the straps are done up murder tight as well,but the same seems to happen after a short time.This obviously in turn causes me to just take it off and leave it off.My appointment at the hospital is on Monday so not long now to find out if the mask itself I have is the wrong size or type,although like I said it feels comfortable enough to start with.My question in the meantime is,is there any indication on these results to say that I could get away with setting the machine at a fixed pressure?any info on that would be great thanks.

[Image: Cs5tXd6l.png]

[Image: gdezCV8l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A couple more results
See if you can try nose pillows instead of a full face mask.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2017, 11:51 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: See if you can try nose pillows instead of a full face mask.

Yeh that was something I was going to ask about also.Will just have to wait and see,the one other thing I forgot to ask,is there a reference anywhere as to what diameter hose is classed as? Slimline etc?I purchased my ResMed s9 off a guy but not sure what to put into the settings,I have it as slimline at the moment,not sure if that makes too much differenc or not though.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that you said you had the mask real tight. They are not meant to be worn tight. If it is leaking bad when it is loose it might be the wrong size.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2017, 12:29 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: I noticed that you said you had the mask real tight. They are not meant to be worn tight. If it is leaking bad when it is loose it might be the wrong size.

That is my thought also Gary,will hopefully get it sorted one way or the other tomorrow  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
19mm hose is standard,  11mm hose is slimline

I'm going to suggest that you read the Mask Primer (see my signature).
Both charts show some leakage, and the second one is bad.  Your machine is reporting as UA or Unknown Apnea during the leaks because the leak in interfering with the interpretation of the events.

Consider a loosely fit cervical collar to help keep the chin up.  It has been very effective with many users here.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 52 880 14 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 179 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 157 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 131 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.