Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR 1.1.1 Doesn't import for previous night properly
OSCAR 1.1.1 Doesn't import for previous night properly
I have really bad sleep hours and I usually wake up past noon, which is the time at which Resmed machines roll over to the next day.  Whenever I import (which is every day), OSCAR will only import the data that is after noon of the current day, and will not import the rest of the data for that sleep which is before this point.

I'm using OSCAR 1.1.1 64-bit on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and a Resmed Aircurve 10 V Auto.
The time on my V Auto and computer are correct.  
I feel like it didn't do this on a previous version of OSCAR, but I can't say for sure...

My explanation in the first paragraph might be a bit confusing so I'll give last night as an example:

Yesterday was Friday, and I woke up at around 14h10, and took a nap from around 16h00 to 17h00.

At night, I went to sleep at 02h50 and woke up the next day at around 12h25.  I went back to sleep around 13h40 until 15:45.

When I imported today, it imports all of the data which happened after 12h00 today, but everything before that is missing - that is from 02h50 until 12h00, which should be displayed on Friday (because of how days work on Resmed machines).

Oscar screenshots after importing today:

Friday - 02h50 until 12h00 is missing (that's 9 hours, the majority of my sleep):
[Image: 4gwpgU6.png]

Saturday is showing everything that it should be:

[Image: FMO9Vy1.png]

The only way I have found for OSCAR to show the missing data is to go to the Data Menu -> Rebuild CPAP Data.  I have to do this every time I import, which is every day.  It takes longer and longer every day because my database is growing with each night, and it is becoming very tedious.

After Rebuilding the data, the missing 9 hours now shows on Friday:

[Image: UlyzDuG.png]

Does anyone know why everything before noon never shows up on import?  I know that when I import, ALL of the data is imported from the SD card to my computer (it just doesn't all show up in OSCAR), because I only import once, then eject the SD card. Then data is missing for the previous night. Then I do the data Rebuild. Again, this happens for every single day and I have to rebuild the data every time I import in order to see it.  Is it because once there is data on a given day, it does not add more data to that day on import, or is it something else?

I'd greatly appreciate any help on this, because having to rebuild the data every day is getting longer and longer each time, and doesn't seem like it's going to work very well in the long run.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR 1.1.1 Doesn't import for previous night properly
I think this the aspect in uploading OSCAR data that you can do so once per day. It sounds like you're doing an upload attempt twice, one for the early data and again for the later data. Unless I'm mistaken, you cannot upload data that includes data for that day after the earlier data on the same day was already uploaded.

If this above is correct, it may be best to upload only once per day, which is after the later session.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A Resmed day is defined as from 1200 to 1200 the next day. Using dates for an example, from 1200 July 3rd to 1200 July 4th is considered one day and its data is assigned to the July 3rd date. If you are sleeping through 1200 hours, then your sleep session will be split between days. Also, you can only import a day's data once in a Resmed 24-hour period in OSCAR. To obtain the missing data, you will need to purge the current day's data then reimport that it.

I hope this may clear up some of your problems.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2020, 05:24 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I think this the aspect in uploading OSCAR data that you can do so once per day. It sounds like you're doing an upload attempt twice, one for the early data and again for the later data. Unless I'm mistaken, you cannot upload data that includes data for that day after the earlier data on the same day was already uploaded.

If this above is correct, it may be best to upload only once per day, which is after the later session.

Thanks for your response.  I'm doing an upload once per day.  It might seem like twice because of how Resmeds change days at noon, and how late my sleeping hours are.

(07-04-2020, 05:24 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: A Resmed day is defined as from 1200 to 1200 the next day.  Using dates for an example, from 1200 July 3rd to 1200 July 4th is considered one day and its data is assigned to the July 3rd date.  If you are sleeping through 1200 hours, then your sleep session will be split between days.  Also, you can only import a day's data once in a Resmed 24-hour period in OSCAR.  To obtain the missing data, you will need to purge the current day's data then reimport that it.

I hope this may clear up some of your problems.

Thank you!  That makes sense.  Purging the current day and re-importing it sounds a lot faster than rebuilding the whole database every day.

I do feel like OSCAR didn't behave this way in a previous version (I could be wrong on that).  If I get sick of purging every day, I might try to roll back to a previous version and see if the behavior persists.
Post Reply Post Reply
The once a day import has been in the code since SleepyHead. I wish you good luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2020, 06:06 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The once a day import has been in the code since SleepyHead.  I wish you good luck.

Oh ok, I must have been mistaken.

But I did try doing purging the latest day before importing today, and it worked like a charm.  Thank you so much for that tip!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 79 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 91 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 145 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,732 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  PURGED LAST NIGHT FROM OSCAR & RE-IMPORTED HELP DUE TO HIGHER THAN NORMAL AHI Plmnb 0 91 03-14-2024, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 267 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.