Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bugs in the CPAP
Bugs in the CPAP
Last 2 nights I was suddenly woken up by a creature walking on me. My reflex was to swat it off but when I hit it, I realized it wasn't a mosquito. My guess it was 2 inches long. 

This morning I took the entire bed apart and found a 2 inch centipede between the box springs. 

Every morning I remove the hose and water tank to dry leaving two holes for bugs to enter the system. 

Should I be worried and does anyone else have concerns or solutions to this?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bugs in the CPAP
Was it inside your mask? If not (so that you could swat it) then it did not come out of your CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be worried. I can just imagine a brown recluse shooting through the hose into my FFM. Yikes.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
HFS - I hate spiders and would totally have a coronary if a spider shot out of my P10 into my nose... I guess that's why I turn it on and "blow out the dust" before putting it on my face. Reminds me of the Creepshow movie. Big Grinnie

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Great.
Something else to be paranoid about.

So much for smart-start... going to have to turn it on "Mask fit test" before hooking up.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wait til that spider egg sack hatches ........ Anybody remember the Bubble Yum stories from the mid 70s?

If you're really worried about it, take the mask off and stick a cotton ball up in the end of the hose and leave the hose and water chamber in place through the day. If the thought of that bothers you, get a spare reservoir and put it in the machine dry each morning and then the cotton ball in the hose.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Caution: Remove cotton ball before use.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks AlanE,
Wish I hadn't clicked on that video.   Oh-jeez
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also purchase the side cover for the A10 (around $15) and put your worries to rest. Of course, a spare water chamber will do the trick too.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Peppermint Essential Oil (can get it at GNC)
add to water until the water takes on the smell, then spray around the house

or you can grow Peppermint plants near doors/windows

Serious about the peppermint, something about the smell drives off spiders and ants.
makes your house smell good too
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ohmy Remove bottom of humidifier? (bugs inside!) princessamethyst916 8 1,593 06-22-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.